Toys R Us vs. Radioshack

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by vette_7t9, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timrock

timrock Active Member

rockin82 is 23 years old,doesnt know what Horsepower is,plays with Radio Shack cars and calls me an Idiot.LMAO
  2. Dean Guilberry

Dean Guilberry Member

ANNNNNNDDDD IN THE LEFT CORNER WE HAVE ELECTRIC MAN TIMROCK,
    IN THE RIGHT CORNER ROCKN82 THE ROCK......

DING DING ROUND ONE!
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

Ding Ding.it was a technical Knock Out by timrock in round one.
  4. Dean Guilberry

Dean Guilberry Member

We have a winner Due to no response from Rockn82 he must be TKO in the early part of round 1.

Radio scrap and Dodge Neon loose again.
  5. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

haha

I ran my toy rc thru snow and ice today. Did pretty well until the tires got too cold and they lost all traction. That sucked cuz the tires just kept spinning out. But i ran it back on pavement and burned out the tires so they got warm, and it rocketed again. THen i bashed it into snow piles and such. Very fun indeed! Im gettin a nitro soon, so ill compare them.
  6. sikgraffx

sikgraffx New Member

Go nitro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

you lost traction because you were on ice and snow.not because the tires got cold.
    i dont think you are intelligent enough for a nitro.you wont break the engine in right and ruin it.i would suggest stick with the idiot proof Radioshack car.
  8. c496

c496 Member

HAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAH:):):):) "IDIOT proof"
  9. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Hmm seems like i've run into one problem. The front wheels are attached on a bolt to these 2 turning things, like a side wast 'T'. Those are typical of toy cars. I can pull it apart, but then I wouldnt kno how to put it back together[B)]. Help? Reason I asked is because the front tires are wearing away and I'm putting hobby wheels and tires on it. The rear are ok because it has hexagonal fittings on, just like hobby cars.
  10. timrock

timrock Active Member

all hobby cars are not compatble with each other when it comes to wheel mounting.HPI makes them for just about all the different types but good luck finding good weels and tires for your Radio Shack car.HPI wont have them for that.you can get replacement wheels from Radio Shack but thats about it.nothing good.
  11. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Actually Rockn82 is 26 years old, has two kids, and has run into many people like yourself. Uneducated, attention craving, look at me, look at me, children. I have built and raced 1/4 mile strip cars at the Byron Dragway in Byron, IL all thoughout my early years while working at Wolf Chevrolet in Belvidere, IL not far from my hometown. I no longer play with radio shack cars and I have several nitro vehicles after moving from electrics (the good ol' FOX) because you simply do not get enough power from the battery types to maintain high speeds. Simply put you can only maintain a top speed with electrics for a short time (battery peak) from there you are on the downside of the battery. If you weren't so retarded you would realize that. What I said before about a gas engine and a diesel engine dealing with horsepower and torque here is some facts straight from chevrolet.
    Here are some definitions of both so you know... now.
    Torque is force applied through a radian
    Horsepower is the ability to lift 550lbs one foot in one second.
    Vortec V8 8100 = HP 340 and Torque 455 Ft Lbs RPM 800 to 5000
    Duramax Diesel = HP 300 and Torque 520 Ft Lbs RPM 800 to 3800
    OK now you have a lower horsepower engine generating more torque, I assume both are dyno'd at the flywheel because of tranny slippage and power loss through the rear diff. Either way we all know which one you would use for pulling right? The 520ft/lbs diesel. Ok now imagine that you are not pulling, but instead pushing a car. Still want more torque for that right? Now imagine that you are pushing air. The more air you can push the faster you can go. The Direct relationship between the two (torque and power) is there, yes, but not in a way that you are comprehending. In order to find HP you must to have torque. HP and Torque are equal at 5252 RPM on any engine that is why you divide by 5252 to find horsepower from a given torque and RPM. So it all begins with torque, the twisting force.
    Torque is the product of a force and the radius at which it is applied (twisting force).
    The more horspower the faster you move the weight further in one minute, get it? So now we know that horspower is something done over time. Obviously this is how you come to think its all a direct horsepower thing and that is the deciding factor of speed. Again and for the last time horsepower is irrelevant when figuring a top speed. On the other hand, as I have explained several times torque is the force responsible for being able to overcome the drag coefficients in the top speed equations and give you a higher top speed. Torque results from the crankshaft turning (twisting force) so it comes first, then you figure out RPM and from there you calculate horsepower. So as for the last part of your post "torque comes from horsepower" wrong again. Without the crank turning the engine is not running. I think the best Analogy I can give is, imagine a mechanic turning a rusted bolt using a two foot wrench applying 50-lbs of pressure. Now we can figure that he is putting 100ft/lbs of torque on the bolt (50-lbs x 2 feet=100-ft/lbs). No amount of horsepower in the world will turn the bolt unless it is applied through torque. Also the torque wrench comes into mind. Now lets take into account the Gears. torque is multiplied through gear reduction. Hence the reason for gears in the first place. So finding the right gear ratio and the correct shift point at each gear is important but not responsible for a top speed. If you do the math and figure how much torque you will need to push the car through air and against friction generated by the tires you will know just how much torque you will need in the second gear to continue accelleration. The following links are a few I have just found with google. Each one of them with teach you what is going on. I will no longer continue this "post war" about Torque and Horsepower simply because I grow tired of it. Seriously read through the few links (I know you really won't cause we all know that the truth hurts). By the way just email the people at the Book of World Records they will send you a form. Fill it out telling them what you wish to do and where, etc.
    Here are them links, either for you or for others to interest themselves in:

http://www.allpar.com/eek/hp-vs-torque.html
    http://www.viperclub.org/faq/techgears.html
    http://www.bankspower.com/Banks_FridayNight_070502.cfm
    http://www.rccaraction.com/articles/need_speed.asp (pay attention to the mods done to acheive just 111 MPH and just look at all them batteries)

This whole thing started from you stating that you had a 124MPH Bolink car and me asking you for some specs (which you really haven't given yet). I think the only way to really prove this is to put it on pavement. I have a radar gun. I just need an address. And a Date. I dont mind a drive now and then. Or you can come up to Pine City, MN visit us at Radio Shack (there is only one in town) and see the viper with the 13T havok motor. heck I'll even let you drive it around. Also we have an unused airport in which to test your 124 MPH car on a runway which is the only way you'll ever even see 80 MPH. So in the long run I guess I am saying, unless you are full of crap... put up or shut up.

Sorry for annoying anybody with all this but look at it this way... at least its entertaining. :)
  12. timrock

timrock Active Member

damn dude you wrote a Novel.i skimmed through it.congratulations you learend what horepower is.also,you are thinking of somone else i didnt say 124 bolink.
    i was stationary with the transmitter and saw well over 100mph.and there are other ways to do it other than on the run way i take it on or the air port runway near you.
    i have also followed behind it in a real car to clock MPH.not only with the Laser or Radar gun.but with the Speedometer of the car i was in.
    here is a link to a web site with a video of a car going 70-80MPH in a small mall parking lot
    http://www.cenracing.com/cars/ct4s/ct4s.html
    im not impressed with 111MPH.cause i have gone faster than that.it isnt that fast.there are cars that go 800MPH.now that is Unbelievable but,hey,it is true.
    also that viper you have is not a Radio Shack car.
  13. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

I believe you said that you have a bolink car that does over 100. Maybe not 124 but I think that "over 100" is close enough for me and everybody else.

By the way I always knew what horsepower and torque was it is now very apparent to me that you did not. Hence the reason for this whole argument about torque having nothing to do with top speed. That was the reason for the novel. And you can say at anytime yeah ok you were right and we'll leave it at that. By the way you still posted no specs for your car.???? And did not include a date and time for a race. By the way the HPI Proceed will do 80MPH in 3 seconds so yes its been done in a parking lot before. But the proceed don't go no 150. LMAO @ YOU

Can't you remember what you post or what?

Oh yeah and here is the Radio Shack part number of that Dodge Viper look it up online if you wish. (600-4336)
    http://support.tandy.com/support_games/69026.htm
  14. timrock

timrock Active Member

ok.i do have a bolink car.i had it over 100 a couple of times but it is a peice of cra p. everytime i took it up to those speeds it would flip over and land on the body.
    you said that horsepower has nothing to do with the top speed of the car.thats why how i knew that you didnt know what horsepower was.you obviously looked into it and learned what it means.i said horsepower has everything to do with it.without horsepower there would be no torque or RMP.Horspower=torque+RPM.it is not rocket sience and i learned about that stuff years ago.
    also,you contradicted yourself by saying.``Also we have an unused airport in which to test your 124 MPH car on a runway which is the only way you'll ever even see 80 MPH.``and then You said.``By the way the HPI Proceed will do 80MPH in 3 seconds so yes its been done in a parking lot before. But the proceed don't go no 150. LMAO @ YOU``
  15. timrock

timrock Active Member

also the quote you posted about what i said.i didnt write `cvds need i say more`.i didnt write that.you are one of the moderatores or editors or something.
    i dont feel the need to prove anything to anyone.im just saying what i know,what i have done and can give advice to people about this stuff.i have alot of expeirience with it and was hoping to find people with alot of experience as well to trade advice.
    you say i have not given the specs on my set up.but i have several times.
  16. timrock

timrock Active Member

i have detected viruses on the link you posted about your viper 13t car.rockn82
  17. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Not virus, spyware. Adobe is spyware.
  18. timrock

timrock Active Member

vette7t9 you should learn more about English.
  19. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

Hi tim you are an idiot! I dont know which is smoking more your a## or your mouth!
  20. timrock

timrock Active Member

whatever you say genius.i would ask you how you figure that but i wont waste my time reading it.just as i wasted my time with the other guy who made an a ss of himself.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.