Toys R Us vs. Radioshack

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by vette_7t9, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timrock

timrock Active Member

ok first off all,thanks for calling me an idiot.who said 150MPH?i didnt.also Radio Shack does not stock what you stock.i take your word for it that you do but,generaly,you can not buy a hobby class car from Radio Shack.didnt mean to dout you personaly.though i could/couldn`t care less.
  2. timrock

timrock Active Member

i might have said 150MPH is possible but i never had an RC at that speed.
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

also ,i dont understand what makes you say that you can not give a 3 year old a 30mph rc.where does the thought steam from?
  4. Dean Guilberry

Dean Guilberry Member

I'm crying you people are too funny! Timrock Bro and I and several others have given you (vette) very good information on QUALITY RC goodies, how you choose to waste your money is your business. I LMAO when I read you are going to customize a Radio Scrap POS. You will have the cost of a real cool RC car and still be driving a radio scrapper. It's like these kids I see around town they have a dodge neon and put loud pipes and a bunch of plastic fins and lights lower it etc and think its cool. For about the same money they could have had a realllly nice car. They have $25,000 in a car worth $8,500.
    Ignorance is bliss!
  5. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

"i was shy of 150 by 24mph with a stadium truck heavliy modified for on road speed runs.but thats with no CVDs and with two wheel drive."

That was a copy paste from your post on page 5 of "anybody need help with something"
    in the onroad section.

LMAO Need I say anymore...
  6. Dean Guilberry

Dean Guilberry Member

And I'm not sure but I think the first time I saw 150mph was on rocnk82's post. And besides the Firebird series from Hobbyzone, be real, they are ok for beginner airplanes but the same story applies. Once you crash the cheap hobby zone airplane you will wish you had spent the money on reusable parts so you could just buy another airplane kit and build it and fly a much better aircraft. stick persuit and many other planes that are just 10% more money give much better performance. I am admittedly nitro addicted and spend more just to have the extra power blast.
  7. Dean Guilberry

Dean Guilberry Member

that didnt say he went 150!
  8. timrock

timrock Active Member

thats somthging that bro or vette 7t9 would drive.a dodge neon and call it a Hot Rod because they put stickers on it of flames and words that say Hot Rod on it.and maybe a loud muffler but still have the stock manifold and catilaic converters on them.LMAO
  9. Dean Guilberry

Dean Guilberry Member

get out the calc and you could figger out 150 - 24 = 126
  10. timrock

timrock Active Member

two wheel drive with steel yokes.CVDs are smoother performance for a car performing high suspension demands not so much for a smooth street speed run.
  11. timrock

timrock Active Member

i have a Bolink car that has no rear suspension at all and i had it up to speeds of over 100.CVDs and need you say more?maybe not. you shouldnt cause you sound ignorant to me.
  12. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Well I take it that now timrock you have some friends on here to help you out. Or you just created another account to try and help you look better. And you have CVD's for a car with high suspension demands and a car with no rear suspension. How about some specs? Like gearing or motor turns? tire diameter? RPM's? Whats the car model how long have you had it? There was a post awhile ago about a 200mph car and I placed a link to the site where the car magazine that ran the 101mph with the hpi rs4. Looking at what it took to do so anybody can figure out just how much smoke is comming out your. Also every part on the hobbyzone firebird series is replaceable. And I have crashed it. Ten minutes, 10 bucks and your back to flying. But you can't fly a nitro airplane that does 50+ in a busy parking lot. We have pylon racing around the parking lot lampposts.

Oh well you are right on a couple things he never really said 150 (close enough for me) and boy oh boy, ignorance is Bliss

By the way Dean get out the dictionary and you could spell. 1-800-ABCDEFG (hooked on phonics)
  13. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

"all the on road car kits are great for high speeds and high speed turns and handling.but when it comes to speeds in exess of 100MPH they dont work well.flaws like in the RS4 with the slop in the steering is one of them for that kit.one flaw that applies to all of them is the diamitor size of the wheels.(1:10 scale on road).the wheels are to small which,in turn, spin in more revolutions per foot. which can also make them difficult to control, create vibration and cause resistance.
    if i could get 2.2 inch wheels on a kit such as the TC3 with my own custome mods to keep the same ground clearance.i think i could get it to speeds of around 150MPH or more.i was shy of 150 by 24mph with a stadium truck heavliy modified for on road speed runs.but thats with no CVDs and with two wheel drive."

I figured I would paste the whole post for others to veiw and decide about that 150MPH
  14. timrock

timrock Active Member

LMAO.dude you are crazy.
    i dont have anyfriends on here that helped me out.there are some cool kids on here that are into this stuff who appreciated the help i tryed to give them.im 29 years old and have been into this stuff for 15 years.the guy Dean i believe knows his shhit too.
    also 101 is old 115 is the actual official record for 1/10 scale which is broken every day across the country(USA)im sure.im not the only one.
  15. timrock

timrock Active Member

i dont have a problem with what i posted.whats your beef?150MPH is not possible?
    youy remind me of my friend when he said,back 6-7 years ago,that there is no way i could get my car past 80mph.60mph tops;he said.long story short,it was proven to him right in front of his face.
  16. bro

bro New Member

hey Ms T and dead,

make sure I and vette will never change an engine from 4 to 6 or v8 in a dodge neon not even on a race track!
    And dead sorry you cant make the money from us!
  17. timrock

timrock Active Member

you make no sense bro.
  18. Dean Guilberry

Dean Guilberry Member

what the #@$% is he talking 'bout?
  19. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Well then if you know the 115 MPH record, than you should know that the record is actually 111MPH.

Here are a couple links to educate yourself:
    http://pub157.ezboard.com/fleadingedgercspeedwaykingstonfrm1.showMessage?topicID=239.topic
    http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/story/0,24330,3476470,00.html

And according to the current speed record you should be the record holder with 124MPH.
    Also any idiot that believes you have a car that can go faster than 100PMH is just that, AN IDIOT. Look at when the tech tv program aired (July 14, 2003)and the record is set in 2001.
  20. timrock

timrock Active Member

rockin82:those are official records wich are broken all the time,unofficialy.and how should i be the record holder?you tell me Mr.know it all.
    aslo people who know about this stuff wont say it can`t be done.
    i happen to know that you cant put a 13turned arm/motor in a radio shack car and make it do 35 as you said,before the,intergrated,reciver/speed control goes poof.i mentioned that what you said was false and you started calling me an IDIOT.and that from a guy who posted `Horsepower as nothing to do with the top speed of a car`.it has everything to do with it.with no Horsepower,there would be No Torque or RPM.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.