Toys R Us vs. Radioshack

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by vette_7t9, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timrock

timrock Active Member

rcosmax.vete7t9 insulted my intelligence.i explained to him about the differences between the Radio Shack cars and real RC cars.i suggested a good car that is a real RC for the same amount of money that he will waste on a Radio Shack car and i went through the trouble of posting the link for him.scroll back and read everything before you make any comments as you just did.and i dont cop an ego with this stuff.i have alot of knolege and experience and he took it for granted.and made a very rude/stupid remark.
  2. bro

bro New Member

still don't understand people say real RC car, I guess real RC cars means remote control car am I right so they are real in Radioshack, if you guys think is not real don't come in and post stuff can't help vette_7t9, I remember back years ago with my first used Toyota Corolla GTS pull up on the traffic light some rice boy looking at me with his BMW, both real cars but they think they are nicer and pricer than they have a real car, well sometime I think ...
    BTW vette_7t9 I look at the dodge and my Hummer H2 today I think you can fit a hobbie store motor in it, remember fast car is only for 1/4 mile race they can't turn!
  3. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Cool. Thanks for oppinion :D

While i do think timrock has lost his temper in here, he has offered some advice. Not very valuble advice but he still offered to help. In the beggining, he offered a Traxxas model, but it is out of reach of my budget right now. My budget is around 100-120 canadian, and that isnt much.
  4. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Cosstar? Nikko Evolution? I heard the evolution is pretty decent.
  5. timrock

timrock Active Member

Any advice i give to anyone about this stuff can be very valuible so longs as they have the ability to understand.and obviously Vete 7t9 does not.
    and i dout you heard a Nikko is pretty decent by a hobbiest.and i have explained how it is not.and thats all i have to say other than that you make an#@$%out of yourself talking about a Nikko in here.
  6. Dean Guilberry

Dean Guilberry Member

For TIMROCK...
    Well the only thing I have to add is that if 115 MPH is the record and you are going 126 and ARENT IN MAGAZINES AND MAKING MONEY OFF OF YOUR SPEED (if you really ever went that fast) you are either crazy or stupid. I wont make the call.
    You could have all of your battries / motors and such given to you if you documented the 126 MPH and could prove it. I know some people that are way up in off road racing and most get everything given to them.
    For Vette...
    before you buy go to a few hobby shops and get a car or truck worthy of owning not just a radio shack toy.
    I am telling you this because I did the same thing when I started out. (bear in mind this was 15 to 20 years ago) I wasted about $85.00 on a radio scrap model and it lasted about two months of delicate driving. Then it broke and sat around for a couple months before I tossed it. Later I got a gift certificate for a local hobby shop and I was going to get another low cost model. The hobby shop dude talked me into buying a used electric RC10 for less $$$ that the cheap new junkers at Radio Shack (remember the gold chassis models from way back). The used RC-10 was considerably faster handeled better and is still in service as I gave it to a friend of mines son. It is a beater but it still runs and drives good.
    Anyway the point i'm trying to make is as soon as I got the used RC10 I knew I had made a mistake in wasting the cash on the Radio Scrap stuff in the first place and I did wish I had the $85.00 to hop-up the used RC10. The used model ran circles around the junker radio scrap model.
    What people are talking about when they say REAL RC is that the radio shack models are toys and the REAL RC's while they are more expensive they are race capable and every part is replaceable.
    The only thing I like about Radio Shack is that they are from FtWorth Texas and when you buy from RS you add $$ to my local economy as I live about 15 miles from Tandy Center Radio Scrap's headquarters.

Even if you don't plan on racing get a good RC and you can't go wrong. If I had treated the Radio Shack model the way I treat my T3 it would have lasted about a day or less! Do yourself a favor and go at least look at used RC cars from your local hobby shops and or Ebay. Be careful on ebay as you can't actually see what you buy until after you pay but I do sell things there occasionally and I also see some great deals too.

Good Luck and dont let the RC weenies get you down as some things come across not as intended when typed out on a forum like this one!
  7. Dean Guilberry

Dean Guilberry Member

for BRO
    If you think that fast RC cars are only for the straight away you reallly need some RC education. Go to a 1/10th scale or 1/8th scale Serpent / Integra race and watch the cars go over 50 mph in a tight near 180 u turn corner and you will throw your junk radio scrap stuff away!
  8. timrock

timrock Active Member

ok Dean,there are a few Mags i read,over the years, where some guys went well over the `Official Record`.they only called it Unofficial Records.also,i think there are tons of people who go way over it other than me and beside some of the people i have meet.so give me the run down of what you would do to be well known as you think i/we would be for it.your comment:`crazy or stupid`..................whats up?
  9. timrock

timrock Active Member

Dean,you dont know what you are talking about.you have No Idea what is involved.
  10. bro

bro New Member

hey Dean,

Maybe my english unstanding is not as good as you, but I think I have to clear what I meant.
    (remember fast car is only for 1/4 mile race they can't turn!)
    means ppl said they reach 126mph they cant turn, I guess I need a english education instead.
    BTW get your#@$%go to your local Radioshack and look at what I and vette_7t9 talking about and test drive the thing like what you first bought your RS car back in 15-20 years ago and you will see what we are talking about, and also I will never pay anything used[V] if I don't have the money for the speed I would get myself into something else, first hand is very important to treat myself better, like my marrage and all my dates[8D]
  11. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Ya, over the past 5 yrs, the technology skyrocketed in "toy" RCs. Stuff at radioshack is much improved now than before. Also, my mom bought me a mini RC recently, and i'm wondering if there is any "hobby class" mini RCs. Mine is from Toys R Us! It's one of those bubble package cars, if that helps. ThunderFighter WRC?
  12. timrock

timrock Active Member

how has the technology skyrocket?they still use the same old intergrated radio/motor control.and are not any faster than they were when i was kid.and ,still, you can not modify them.
  13. timrock

timrock Active Member

you guys are funny.you come on an rc web board to talk about rc cars and never had one and are not getting one.and dont know anything about them.(laughing)
  14. bro

bro New Member

well you know what this topic have total 3pages now is not the hottest topic but 3pages is not bad and don't forget the subjest you start reply was ToysRus vs Radioshack you came in and start reply if you think it is funny wht you start replying well I think you are more funny:D
  15. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

hi tim how are you today? I come in this forum to see what you say. youre really important in my life. You might want to change your profile though because it says you just broke the world rc speed record, mybe you mean unofficially of course...
  16. timrock

timrock Active Member

yes it is unofficial.alot of people do it.hundreds if not thousands.
    and im sure i am very important in your life(laughing)
  17. Dean Guilberry

Dean Guilberry Member

I am not saying it can't be done (breaking 125mph 1.10th scale) but If I were you I would go to a small community drag strip (1/8th mile strips for 1:1 cars)and see if they will sponsor you and this will give you the access to their timing stages. You can run through the last two timing stages and get your REAL top speed. This along with a video and you can go from unofficial record to official! I think it would be pretty cool myself!
    I do have alot of expierience in RC Check out the Photo Gallery at www.rcware.com There are a few different cars and trucks there as well as some killer shots of some customized T-Maxx doing jumps at the track! This is my site. some of my trucks and some of my friends goodies.
    I am going to be doing RC for a living soon and we already make some decent hop-ups I am just getting the site cleaned up after a few months of neglect. Look for many changes soon!
    I just saw (at a local hobby shop in Dallas) an Associated T3 and another B3 both were $125.00 both were in great condition and were much better than if you got a new stock T3/B3 as they had titanium tie rods and some other aluminum goodies. The only thing needed was a radio and soon would need tires. They both had novak Fusion ESC and will not only stomp the cr#* outta ANY radio shack car or truck they are ten times as tuff. Any one that argues this is just plain naieve or stupid.
    Just my $.02
  18. timrock

timrock Active Member

Yea Radio Shack cars can barly compare to what is made by Team Associated.
    also,im not sure it is as easy as you think to get an official record.there was an issue of RC car action magazine with an article and pictures of people doing speed runs and broke the official record.but it was still unofficial and it didnt say how to make it official.so im not to sure about that.
    aslo a good idea;what you suggested, but the place i go to, to run those speeds,has a decline grade to start off then levels out.that i think is crucial since torque is so low with the high gearing i need to reach those speeds.if i had,say,a 3 speed transmission,there would be a world of difference.and i bet i could even run times in a full scale 1/4 mile that would be considered pretty quik for a full size street legal car or motorcycle.
    i know they make 2speed transmissions for the RS4 and im considering getting somthing like that.i think i might be able brag with a higer MPH# with that car.
    im only concered about thier wheel size in diameter.they are alittle small and might be too small.the smaller the diameter,the more revolutions of the wheel.they also have less suspention travel.i could make a custum car made from an RS4 and an offroad stadium truck wich i might do.now That i would take to a 1/4 mile track and try doing what you suggested.
  19. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Cool.

Tamiya QD cars are just like regular RCs, but people consider them "hobby". Aren't stuff at radioshack like Tamiya QD?
  20. Dean Guilberry

Dean Guilberry Member

I saw a car with adapters to let it use serpent off road rims with foam rubber tires. It gave the car a much larger wheel diameter and much better top end. This was on a two wheel drive nitro car and old RC250. I never did find out how fast it would go but the thing would out top end all of our cars. Looked kinda wierd but was fun to mess with.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.