Toys R Us vs. Radioshack

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by vette_7t9, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timrock

timrock Active Member

one of my real RC cars(a team associated rc10 off road buggy)was ran right into a sewer drain in the street.it was under water for two weeks before i could get it out.when i got out to see if it was ok,EVERY THING STILL WORKED!,reciver,electronic speed control, battery and motor.it was as good a new exept it smelt bad from the sewr water.i sold it to someone after.
    so you can drive a real rc in snow or anywhere.i have a statium truck.it is off road and on road.just a quick change of tires/wheels,suspension adjustments and you ready to swithc from off road to on in a flash.go for somthing like that.learn more about this stuff.the more you know about this stuff the more fun you can have.
    also,your oppinion of what fast is,is very slow in comparison to my truck/car.0-40mph in 2.5 sec. 126mph top speed.
  2. timrock

timrock Active Member

also i diagree with bro.Radio Shack cars are such junk.i can make one better than thosefor about 60$.you can get a complete ready to run real rc for about 100$ these days and they comE with everything transmitter too.(`REMOTE`)
    and it wont be to fast for you.when you are ready to go faster you can upgrade it unlike a Radio Shack car.
  3. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Well, im always optimistic you can soup up and fully mod a RadioShack RC. Ill try, but if it is hopeless, then ill quit.
  4. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

Why spend all that money hopping up a radioshack car if your goal is to make a car go faster for a cheap price you are spending money on the wrong rc. get a hobby shop car... no question.
  5. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

yes tru, but however, if i bring my extreme modded "toys r us" to a local track and beat all them fancy boys, it would be quite a show.
  6. timrock

timrock Active Member

they only way you can beat a car set up like mine in a race with a Radio Shack car is to go too sleep and dream it.
    if you bring a Radio Shack car to a hoby race track, the only thing that might be a show is how you will get laughed at.
    however i would suggest for you to go to a race track and check it out.but save yourself the embarrassment by leaving the Radio Shack car at home.
  7. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Guys thanks for all your oppinions and answers to my questions. I have decided after i get some kicks with that toys r us impreza, i will buy a Tamiya electric 1:10. Still haven't decided what chassis, any suggestions?

And oh, Timrock,

I'll bet you I can beat your car! Well, friendly bet. If you live near mississauga ontario, in canada just so you kno, then we can race someday in the future. After I get bored and experienced with RCs, I will mod that impreza, and this baby will be real fast.
  8. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

O, also some oppinions plz:

If I cut an intake on the imprezas hood, and then run a tube to feed the air to the motor, like ram air, will that increase performance? Do i need a cooling fan?
  9. timrock

timrock Active Member

dude, an Impreza is a Subaru.not the name of an RC car.its just a body that resembles the Subaru.there are many RC cars that have/can have that body on it.also you say you bet you can beat my car in a race.with what?
  10. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

An 1100 ninja... over a quater mile maybe?
  11. timrock

timrock Active Member

a stock 1100 Ninja in a drag race against my RC car?i have raced many full size bikes like that but in shorter distances than the 1/4 mile.bikes are quick but not as quick as my car.in a 1/4 mile it would be close unless i were to have a tanny with as many gEARS AS THE BIKES HAVE.
  12. Dean Guilberry

Dean Guilberry Member

I agree about your statement that he doesn't know fast, however I challenge your 126 MPH comment!
    I have been racing RC cars and off road trucks for over 15 years and I presently have several Associated RC’s RC10 and T3 and a B3 as well as a Picco Integra 1/10th scale 4x4 racing car. The fastest thing I have is the Picco Integra, it has an autographed and ported by Ron Paris (the owner of Picco until he passed away) big block .15 nitro motor that gets around 30,000 RPM and over 2HP. This car is way faster than HPI RS4 and other sedans in the RS 4's class. I used to race it with sedans until they stopped letting me race because I was not in the same class of vehicle )too fast)! Any way this car was clocked at 81MPH at Texas Motor Speedway by a friendly Policeman. I will race ANY RC10 or other sedan car. (Straight away speed.)
    If his RC10 could go that fast you could look him up in other magazines and websites as this is at the top of the racing speeds for top speed challenge and most if not all of these people are very well known in the RC community!
    Only some of the control wire nitro bullets go this fast, some do get up to about 200 but this is only on control line cars tethered to a tower with a safety barrier to contain them.
    There are RC cars that go over 100MPH however they are built for straight away and have 10 to 20 cell battries and are geared very high for speed.

Like I said I do not believe his claims!
  13. timrock

timrock Active Member

the official record for 1:10 scale electric is 115mph.i was around that speed with a Bolink car.geared very high.15 turn motor 12 cells.the car that was clocked at 126 is a heavly modified Traxxas Rustler kit.set up for high top speeds.also geared very high 16 cells 14turn motor.these (also a tc3 and Losi)stadium trucks are what i recomend,beieve it or not,for high speed runs.they sustain control at those speeds enough to slow it down and bring it in to stop it.that bolink car was a peice of #@$% for going that fast.not once was i able to slow it down and bring it to a stop.every time i brought it to those speeds i would lose control of it.somwtimes the air would get under it and lift up and flip and slid on the body for about 300 feet.
  14. timrock

timrock Active Member

how do you figure that you would be able to look me up in a magazine or on a web site?you think the small hand full of people on those web sites and in the magazines that do this stuf are the only people who do it??there are 300 milion people in the USA.im sure thousands of people are into it.that are unknown.
  15. timrock

timrock Active Member

and now that i think about it again.it takes,probably,about 20 seconds to reach 100mph.and those Ninjas run 11sec in 1/4mile so it would blow my rc car away in a race over a 1/4 (over 1300 ft.).unless the bike stared out in 4th gear or something.or if i had a 3speed transmision.0-40mph i would beat one of them if i gaer the car to top out at 40mph.
  16. timrock

timrock Active Member

i would also like to mention that i had my bolink car clocked at 65mph with a stock motor(27turn single)
  17. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

OMG #@$% 115 mph?#@$% thats insane hussein! o well, the car i bet i can beat you with(timrock) is one from Toys R Us! lol, not stock of course. Extremely modded that is.
  18. timrock

timrock Active Member

what about 126 mph?.....vette 7t9 is a retard
  19. c496

c496 Member

<s></s> I had a radioshack car and loved it. But I say if your low on money get an electric 4tec. Of course the car eventually got boring cause I wanted more speed, so I got nitro goes between 50-55.
    But start slow. I still like radioshack cause you can run through anything without it messing up. If you dont have a job or anything then get what you can afford, this hobby isn't cheap.
  20. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

Tim sometimes I think that you are getting into the spirit of this forum and starting to share information and help people. Then I realize that this is wrong... you are only capable of a big ego and a big (fast) mouth, try sharing and helping instead of putting people down and making them feel bad. Im with you vette have fun and build your skills on that (cough) really modded radioshack car of yours and then if you like rc get a different car to match your skills. dont listen to tim he is going too fast to help you. Im glad he is so fast cause he will speed away from us and we wont have to listen to his babbling anymore.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.