Toys R Us vs. Radioshack

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by vette_7t9, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timrock

timrock Active Member

i dont care who you are but i know rockn82 posted :Horsepower has nothing to do with the top speed of a car.then i said it has everything to do with it.with out HP the car would sit in one spot.and it made rockn82 look stupid.
  2. timrock

timrock Active Member

a tooth count?are you stupid? you think i will take apart my tranny to count the teeth?right now it is 6:1 wheel to shaft.i would have to change the pinion and spur then count it out to find it is around 3:1.
    anyway,you cant calculate it mathmaticaly to find MPH.you would need to know the rpm under load and how much load is actualy under.how can you come up with the answer to that?
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

the motor i used was a 12t x 6w.it didnt say how many rpms it had or at what voltage.on a 6cell pack it sounded like 50-60,000 rpms.that was with no load.if you put 16 cells to it under no load it will destroy the comuntator.but when it was in the car,under load with 16 cells it was Screaming.dont know What it was reving to.after several runs the arm burnt out.
    it lasted a long time before it burned out because it was a 6 wire motor and could handle more amperage then say a single wind arm.i usualy use triples but they all burn out faster than that one did.
  4. c496

c496 Member

hahahaah I was one of the alien vs predator people.:D:D:D
  5. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

Tim you should go in the book of world records for the biggest idiot ever in the history of humankind. Monkeys are smarter than you. you crack me up give me another theory please. Insult me too i like that cause it makes you look even dumber, look up a big word and use it, its funnier when you use big words like mathmaticaly. lol
  6. timrock

timrock Active Member

rcosmax,what theory are you talking about?and how did i insult you?by sayin you got suckered into rebuliding your motor after every race by a machine shop guy that you race against?
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

frankly,i dout anyone even ever told you to do that.
  8. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Frankly, I doubt that you have an RC Car TIM. You just dont have the intellegence for it.
  9. timrock

timrock Active Member

oh my god.thank god this is just online and not in person.
  10. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Well I keep asking you when you want it to be in person. You never answer me. Prove it.
  11. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

back to toys r us.....
    I think the impreza is pretty decent, it can drive throught thin layer of snow or puddles. Steering isnt too bad, its non digital proportional. Tried to drift, but just spun out.
  12. timrock

timrock Active Member

rockn82,my friend said that you are a retard and that if he meet you in person he would #@$% slap you.
  13. timrock

timrock Active Member

also,rockn82,you and vett 7t9 have somthing in common....you both play with toys r us and Radio Shack cars.
  14. dudex

dudex Member

What??? Tim you have a friend? do you pay him?
  15. mooserman75

mooserman75 New Member

we already had this conversation where we talked about how shi**y rs rcs are
    1 more thing tim i wanna see your 126 mph car im not sayin i dont believe you or anything it just sounds cool
  16. timrock

timrock Active Member

well i need to pick up a digital camera and take some clear pics of it.then i can post it or e-mail them to you mooserman.
  17. dudex

dudex Member

a picture wont tell us shiat since we cant see it moving ya moron.
  18. timrock

timrock Active Member

2005 christmas tractor-trailer

i wasnt talking to you.i was talking to the guy who asked me for a picture of my car.he is cool u r not
  19. Dean Guilberry

Dean Guilberry Member

Well I was gonna abort this tired string of posts but I have to say that Timrock is the only one that actually talked about RC cars and their technology. All the rest of you guys talk theory and formulas or even worse Radio Scrap junk. Anyone can look up formulas and regurgitate them. It takes years of tweeking on RC electronics to spout off some of the things I heard him say!
    I don't know any of you but I can tell by what Timrock says he does know his Shiznit! I was the original poster who doubted the 120+ speeds but I have seen several cars that can go 100+MPH and it wouldn't surprise me to see one go this fast. (I would have to see it to believe it but it can be done)!
    So in essence if all of the people who are flaming each other on this posting were to race (for top speed) I would bet on TimRock as he is the only one that seems to consistently know RC Symantec’s.
    The discussion between torque and horsepower is stupid as any engineer knows that without one you cannot have the other, coming and going. Without HP there won’t be any torque, and likewise without rotation (torque on a motor) there will be no HP.
    Its Kinda like Current and Voltage they are interdependent on one-another. It is physically impossible to have one w/o the other!
    Chill out on one another and race your cars (if they are raceable and not Radio Scrappers)
  20. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Thank you for saying this!
    If you are skeptical of Timrock, and you've posted a reason way earlier, you shouldn't be screaming at him now. It is not an impossible record, unless hes newb like me, which he is not. I have doubted always, but never said its impossible. Also, you guys were arguing way too much like dean said. Just over a couple of formulas. Timrock has his formula right BTW, i didnt mention earlier. I am sorry if this offends anyone, i am just trying to offer a solution:
    -You're skeptic, keep your flaming at home
    -Timrock can you plz send us a vid of it ASAP

if you still hav to argue take it somewhere else.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.