Touring the MadCoW......

MadCoW1

Jul 9, 2006
LaCrosse Wisconsin
Hello list. As I'm new to this forum I thought I would share some of the older photos I have of my dioramas. We are moving to a new home at the end of the month and the dioramas were designed to be incorporated into the new layout. The dioramas are 2' X 4' and are all made from 2" extruded styrofoam. It is HO scale. They were all built in the last year.

The line is the newly formed Madison Central of Wisconsin(MadCoW) and it is spun off from lines eminating from Madison Wisconsin.

The following is from the Dachshundville diorama based on a small mid-western granger town.

A warm summer day finds the local boys touching up their canvas as GP30 #822 rolls west.

These 'city-slickers' won't get anything past ole Joe at the feedmill!

EX-CNW 5024A leads the Guernsey '400' through Dachshundville at highway 14.

In a shot taken a few years back, CNW GP-9 #1755 leads the Ableman turn through town.

Commuter service F-7's find their way to a shippers' special with customers and their families.

You can bet the kids in the back of the '55 chevy are waiting to wave to the conductor on the caboose!

A couple of EMD four axle units prepare to cross the Little Tiddle River.

CNW GP-35 #845 leads a westbound manifest through Dachshundville.

Looks like lil' Oscar has to wait for the MadCow at highway 14.

Even though the fallen flag is still flying, the train is operated by MadCoW crews.

Well that's about all I have for this diorama. More to come from the others I have built. As mentioned construction begins this fall. Hope you enjoyed the tour.

See Ya:wave:

Johnny

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
hi madcow1---welcome aboard the gauge---excellent shots,thanks for sharing---keep them coming

MadCoW1

Jul 9, 2006
LaCrosse Wisconsin
Gary Pfeil said:
Wow, very nice! Great details, especially the power lines. Nice photography too, the whole deal! Thanks for posting them.

Hi Gary, Thanks for the welcome. The power lines look good but you don't want to be within earshot while I'm stringing 'em!!!

Johnny

MadCoW1

Jul 9, 2006
LaCrosse Wisconsin
Ralph said:
Superb work! The Little Tiddle River is among the best water scenes I've seen!
Thanks for posting these inspirational pictures!
Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the kind words. Actually since those photos were taken, I've had to rip the water out. I used woodland scenics one step and over the foam I got bubbles. So i had to tear it up and I'll repour it afterI start to build this fall.

Johnny

MadCoW1

Jul 9, 2006
LaCrosse Wisconsin
MilesWestern said:
Top notch work, Johnny!! Great pics, are there any new one you could share with us soon?

Hello Miles, Thanks again. The only ones I haven't posted a lot of are the high bridge at Ableman, and a few more of the quarry. But I'll keep this thread posted w/updates.

Johnny

MadCoW1

Jul 9, 2006
LaCrosse Wisconsin
LoudMusic said:
Nice railfan photos - got any of your models? ;)

This is amazing work. I'm most impressed with this one http://www.the-gauge.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=1709&c=58

Do you do any editing on the computer? And what are you using for your telephone / power lines?

Mr Music. A fine compliment sir. I do some color tweaking on the computer but NO photoshopping. Everything you see in the photo is there. The wires are no.10 bead string that I get at Hobby Lobby(or whatever artsy fartsy store you choose).

Johnny

MadCoW1

Jul 9, 2006
LaCrosse Wisconsin
straight-track said:
Johnny, A real pleasure viewing your photos and superb craftsmanship ! Truly unbelievably prototypical shots. Incredible !! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Thank you Mr. straight-track. Picked up most of it by watching others post on these forums.

Johnny

MadCoW1

Jul 9, 2006
LaCrosse Wisconsin
Ok, by request a few more of the pics I have.

I like this as it reminds me of waiting for the train to clear so I could cross to get home from school. If you look to the left you will see the boy taking the shortcut.

A black and white tweaked version of a rock train. Caboose is my custom paint.

Another shot looking through the cemetary.

Long before Athearn came out with the RTR and Genisis models of the SD-50's, I had to bash one myself. Here is the 7004 roaoring through town.

I really dig doing signs and stuff. In south-central Wisconsin the small town buildings are pasted with signs like these.

Gonna be out of town for the rest of the weekend so I'll catch up on Monday. Hope you enjoy!!

See ya!

Johnny

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
Johnny, great pics! Awesome detail, great photography. I live off Rte 14 in Crystal Lake, IL, so I can appreciate the name of the road.
Where are you moving from/to?

MadCoW1

Jul 9, 2006
LaCrosse Wisconsin
Hey Liv n let die and DrWayne, Thanks guys. Yeh I've got some other stuff as well, I'll post in the next couple of daze. In the meantime get your toes tappin' and your fingers snappin' with this lil' video set to an old UP promotional song from the 60's!! Have fun and feel free to throw your thoughts at me about it.announce1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pMgy1emY1E

Johnny