Totally off Topic

stripes

Do you believe in God, A higher power, or just plain dumb luck? Well I bet this guy does! :eek:

ATT000021.jpg

ATT000011.jpg

:driver1:
WOW!

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Well, I guess my first response was a common response - nahhh, that was photoshopped. So I went looking to see what I could find and found the link on CNN that shows, it is indeed real.
Amazing truck crash photos spark Web debate - CNN.com
It occured 135 miles NE of Las Vegas in Utah.

I have not seen it for a while, but I like the one that shows a truck towing a trailer with a big old boat on it. Problem is, the whole rig has run off the side of the road and the truck is hanging over the edge of the cliff hanging on simply by the trailer hitch whitch is still attached to the boat and trailer above.

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Hey Jesso,
You live near here. Any idea where on state route 59 this could be? I've been scouring aerial images near hurricane and can't seem to find anything similar.

N

nachoman

I assume the truck hit the guardrail and jumped across the ravine, while doing at least a 180 in the air. Wow. I've passed a few accidents and wondered how that happened. I once saw a car with a steel guardrail in one door and out the other door. The end of the guardrail protruded from one side of th car by about 20 feet. I assume the driver and any passengers were killed. Somehow, the car managed to sideswipe the end of a guardrail, pusing it througgh the car, and ripping the guardrail off from 20-30 feet of wooden supports. That car had to be going pretty fast.

Kevin

N

nachoman

by the way, look how close the EMTs are standing to the edge of the cliff :)

Kevin

jesso

Sorry, got a new phone today and well, I have been playing with that :)

That is right at the beginning of State route 59. You climb a fairly steep hill leaving Hurricane heading toward Apple Valley. That cliff is about the first curve once your reach the top of the cliff, although to be were they where they had to be decending off of the mesa. It is under 20 miles from our house, and we have driven that lots of times, as that is the fastest way to get to Phoenix from where we live.

Here is a link to the google map image of the area, the cliff is in the shade in the picture: hurricane,UT - Google Maps

P.S. Looking at that picture again, I have no idea which direction they were going :) It looks like they jumped the culvert, so maybe they were heading up the hill. No clue, but they sure where lucky.

N

nachoman

I rode that road several times with a guy who drove very fast and tired. I'm lucky.

Kevin

Chief Eagles

Seen those before. Really amazing. To answer your question, yes I believe in the one and only God. The God of the Abraham, Isaac and Joseph. I also believe that Jesus Christ is his son. I believe that no matter how bad things are, with faith God will make them good.

roch

I used to believe in god and I used to belive in santa claus. I do believe in luck and those were mighty lucky people.

Awsome pics. :thumb: