Totally off topic however statisitics are a hoot ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

theBear

Oct 1, 2004
In the woods of Maine
This just arrived in my mail box so I haven't had a chance to run it down.

Interesting Information:

ALARMING!

DOCTORS

(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.

(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept. of Health Human Services.

Guns:

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000. Yes, that is
80 million.

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups. is

(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.000188.

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."

Fact: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand. Out of concern for the public at large, I have withheld the statistics on lawyers for the fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention...

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
I always did believe that the sound of a shotgun's slide action was a much more effective deterant to unwanted creepy-crawlies in the house. Now maybe I should trade it in and get a Doctor instead...? :rolleyes: :D

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
shaygetz said:
I always did believe that the sound of a shotgun's slide action was a much more effective deterant to unwanted creepy-crawlies in the house. Now maybe I should trade it in and get a Doctor instead...? :rolleyes: :D
You mean you shoot the mice?:p ;) it would be quieter & cheeper to buy some mouse traps or is it mice traps...:D :D :D ..have a good one..steve

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
shaygetz said:

The sound of a shotgun's slide action is in fact an attention getter. What sound would you have the doctor make that would be as effective? The snap of a sterile glove and the words "bend over please"? :D :D :D :D

F

Fred_M

ausien said:
You mean you shoot the mice?:p ;) it would be quieter & cheeper to buy some mouse traps or is it mice traps...:D :D :D ..have a good one..steve
It's a Moses given right to shoot mice in your own home in America with the old trusty 12 gauge pump gun using 3 inch 00 buckshot. That's one of our most precious and sacred rights. :D Fred

theBear

Oct 1, 2004
In the woods of Maine
dash10 said:
It's a Moses given right to shoot mice in your own home in America with the old trusty 12 gauge pump gun using 3 inch 00 buckshot. That's one of our most precious and sacred rights. :D Fred
I'd rather use 1 oz slugs, fewer holes bigger splat
biggrin.gif

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
dash10 said:
AHHH! to live in america, with laws like that, IT would have solved a problem I was having 8yrs ago,(before I moved one suburb) Lived the 18yrs and was robbed 23 times, caught the same bugger 3 times in 2 yrs. one shot with a shootie would have fixed him for good. mind you if we did that here we would be doing the time!!!!!!!..Have a good one ..steve

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
ausien said:
AHHH! to live in america, with laws like that, IT would have solved a problem I was having 8yrs ago,(before I moved one suburb) Lived the 18yrs and was robbed 23 times, caught the same bugger 3 times in 2 yrs. one shot with a shootie would have fixed him for good . mind you if we did that here we would be doing the time!!!!!!!..Have a good one ..steve

Just remember to drag the body back inside before you call the cops. :D :D :D

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Dash10's words:
It's a Moses given right to shoot mice in your own home in America with the old trusty 12 gauge pump gun using 3 inch 00 buckshot. That's one of our most precious and sacred rights. Fred
and the Bear said
I'd rather use 1 oz slugs, fewer holes bigger splat .

Aaah - now I know why you have so many do-it-yourself supermarkets in the USA. 80 Million gunowners in the US always repairing their bullet-riddled walls... :D :D :D

Ron

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
I have to admit I'm not an NMRA member, but I renew my NRA membership every year...Australia used to be a pretty free country when it came to guns, so did the UK--but things have been going downhill ever since the gun laws disarmed the law-abiding! At least Canada's anti-gun laws are facing staunch opposition from freedom-loving Canadians.

RailRon: Wait a sec--in Switzerland, every household has a FULLY AUTOMATIC government-issued firearm! But we don't hear too much about the dangers of Switzerland...

Guns are an enjoyable hobby, but I haven't spent much on it since I got back into model railroading. Admittedly, I don't have to drive out to the boonies to run my trains, or wear eye & ear protection when I do so--and there's no 10-day waiting period to buy a new engine!

capt_turk

Nov 14, 2004
Green Cove Springs, Fla.
There was a town in Georgia that during one of the gun control and ban crazes a few years ago, made it a law that all head of households in that town had to own and know how to use a gun. They said the crime rate dropped in that town to almost nothing.
I know if I was a criminal I'd damn sure stay away from that town! Kinda shows why our forefathers put the gun right in the constitution. Too bad so many of our rights and protections have gone out the window lately.
The first thing you do to take freedom away from a people, is to disarm them!

SAL Comet

May 13, 2004
N.W. Georgia
Ha Turk, That would be my home town of Kennesaw Ga. The law was a simbolic gesture, in the fine print there are lots reasons you didn't have to have one if didn't want to. The law is still on the books by the way. For years Kennesaw was know locally as Gun City. As for the crime rate, it was already next to nothing, but it shore didn't go up! Kennesaw is also the home of the locomotive "General" and the start of the "Great locomotive chase" during the Civil war.

theBear

Oct 1, 2004
In the woods of Maine
RailRon said:
Aaah - now I know why you have so many do-it-yourself supermarkets in the USA. 80 Million gunowners in the US always repairing their bullet-riddled walls... :D :D :D

Ron
Nope that's not the reason. The reason is to give us guys an excuse for wasting 1/2 of our "spare" time
wink.gif

Honey, I ran out of _______ and need to go to the local _____ to get more, I'll be right back
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

YakkoWarner

Mar 10, 2001
Orange County, NC.
www.the-gauge.com
Reply to Thread

Dave: your nuumbers cover accidental deaths only.
What about intentional ones?

By doctors or guns?

First they went after the smokers. I didn't say anything because I don't smoke. Then they went after the SUV drivers. I didn't say anything because I don't drive an SUV. Next they went after the fast food resturaunts. I didn't say anything because I don't eat fast food. Finally, they went after the gun owners. That was a mistake because, well, we have guns.

capt_turk

Nov 14, 2004
Green Cove Springs, Fla.
Did a little checking on the internet for Kennasaw. The Kennasaw police dept's statisitcs show that the crime rate has decreased from 33-35% every year since the gun law was passed, even thought the population has increased significantly. Yeah..we need more restrictive gun laws!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.