totally frustrated

don pedro

Dec 19, 2006
is there anyone in the bel air, md area who can personally assist me in power to the track problems? I'm using mth real trax with a Z4000 trans. I have 7 lockons connected and ever changing dead areas. I would like to fix asap. retired, my time is your time. thanks, pete

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
Wow Don I know I personaly hate MTH-RT but even I never had a problem with it. My first question is how long is your track plan since you are using 7 lockons? My next question is have you ever taken the track apart? If you did then you might want to check the track connections since the lightweight tabs bend very easy. In fact this might be your problem.

I'm sure if you can provide some more information we can get your track problems corrected.

don pedro

Dec 19, 2006
thanks for the response. I've taken the rt apart numerous times in numerous areas, however I always checked for connections. the layout is about 21X14 with ten switches. the engine will pause/move and also stop dead in some areas. the layout is a dog bone. this problem has on going for a month now. I used #14 wire for both lockons and switches. I have 500' of #16 coming this week and will redo everything. my goal is to wire conventially before hooking up to dcs..........don pedro

JR&Son

Dec 26, 2006
Near the NCVA RR
How about a DVOM meter
Equipted with gator clips.
Start on 1 rail and leapfrog down that rail till you find the issue
Set the DVOM on resistance.
Should stay at "0" all of the time
That will tell you WHERE it is
BVut not WHAT it is.
Where is half the battle

JR&SON