tos enterprise 1701 large build with lites

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I built that great model once, and there are some supports that someone made, but I had plans to print it out at 1/2 size on my next try.the big models keep sagging, and I am not sure how to stop this yet. some modelers have posted some supports for various trouble sag spots, I was thinking of a completely different idea of side supports on a base that was on the side, so that one side was up against the wall of the base. this would enable a very strong support system and better wiring for the lights.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I guess I need to learn scaling, I made uhou's and makino's stx enterprise in a large scale, I must say that I liked it. I don't like some of the looks. but I suppose I will just have to get used to it. the model was great and didn't require much more than what it supplied. I did run some coat hanger wire up into the saucer so that the spine ended up in a triangle in the saucer. I have some video I guess I will have to post now.
paper modeling is a waterfall that never stops, and the priorities change. I have to finish the big Jupiter 2 and then start the Klingon vorcha.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I have those, thanks!
I still have to go with my schedule of finishing the Jupiter 2 and then the dwhales vorcha Klingon,
also I am chasing down a job and trying to transcribe music for a relative that the sheet music is unavailable for. so im pretty busy until Halloween. but I wouldn't mind, making huge display paper models. and I am quite willing to get the electronics and fix them up for you to use and send them off to you for you to install in your own model, I would have you purchase them and send them to me, then I would send the completed electronics to you.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
the theme for Emmanuelle, a 1970's dirty movie series tune by pierre bachelet
a saxophonist played the melody, fousto was his name, and he was quite accomplished. however there is no sheet music available. the tune is on youtube minus the obscene scenes from the movie. apparently the star was a cult hero, I counted at least 30 movies about her.
my friend who just turned 80 years old, heard this on the radio and called a local tv station about it and got the movie title.
but the only way to get him the sheet music is to have it transcribed.
I liked the oboe, and have played trumpet, guitar and sax, also wooden Chinese flute.

mcusanelli

Feb 26, 2008
Jim,
Fantastic job on the ship and the lights look incredible!!!!!! I love how you got the lights to blink and rotate, it's really an amazing build!
Mike

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
try blinkylites.com
for small bling units that might have what you want in rotating, blinking, glowing, fadein fadeout colors and glow in the dark lites. real cheap too.
railroad crossing warning lights might work with some stuff there.
try earrings, amulets and rings.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I wish you had this on YouTube so we could embed it, it freakin awesome! :)

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
thank you. dislocated my shoulder yesterday-not a full pull out, more like a pop out- pop in.
small loads people, small loads.

bdiego_torino

May 20, 2012
This is an amazing Enterprise :)
The Original Series rulez :)
I think i can build something of similar on a new model i am working on.....The enterprise from "Into Darkness"
Now I try..... Thank's for the wonderful idea.....
A greatttttt Jobbbbbbb

Diego

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
they blinky lights .com has blue rotating lights, about the size of a knickel, for the entire unit, and its a half an inch top to bottom including battery. I think there are 6 micro blue leds in it. they are the moon or star amulet necklace. you just pop it out of the plastic moon/ star. you will like it.
perfect for the stx enterprise. just put a blue marble in front of it, or a gumball machine clear plastic dome.