Toronto Train Show

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
EVENT LISTING
The Toronto Christmas Train Show

A show for the serious model railroader, toy train collector, rail enthusiast and the whole family. Operating train layouts in gauges from tiny "Z" to garden railway "G", with sound and animated accessories. Clinics by NMRA experienced modellers on "how-to-do" layouts and scenery. Interactive Toy Trains by American Flyer, Lionel and Marx will fascinate granddad and youngsters. Railway heritage groups and tourist lines will present their history and operational plans. Vendors will offer every type of railroad merchandise from model and toy trains, kits, accessories, videos, photos, slides, apparel, book and train trips. Bring the whole family for a great day of train fun!
Public Welcome
Where?
International Centre
Derry rd and Airport rd.
11am to 5pm Saturday 24th Nov
10am to 4pm Sunday 25th Nov

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Too far for me too, unfortunately!
Sounds like great fun though!
Maybe you could post some pictures for us folks "down south"! :D

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
I went to the show Saturday afternoon. It was the usual gammut of vendors and moduler N and Ho layouts. Some very creative modules. A great circular N gauge layout with a hidden helix on the inside and a visible helix on the outside. Two trains running while the whole unit turned slowly on a turntable. Quite a conversation piece. There was a large interactive S gauge layout and a couple of G scale layouts. There were old Lionel trains and some Hornby dublo displays. The live steamers were there with locos up to the 7 1/2inch gauge. Some smaller live steamers were operating using radio control as were the G scalers. There was a booth displaying the MS train simulator with 4 pcs for public use. There were also the usual book and video vendors.
I enjoyed two NMRA lectures one on vertical trees, A how to to make a background forest and another talk on switching.
What I hoped for but didn't find was any good DCC information. It was worth going to but I came away empty handed. Sorry no pictures as nothing really grabbed me.