Toronto - south of King St

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Hi folks! I was digging through my old slides and came across these shots, taken between 1978 and 1988. I had no idea I would someday be modelling trains but obviously I was already enamoured with railroady scenes.

cheers
:D Val

Attachments

• swtichstand.jpg
    swtichstand.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 109

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
And finally, here is your intrepid photographer, about 25 years ago. Looks like I'm pretending to be a photo-journalist in some war zone, and in a way it was just that - a battle between the rapacious developers and those of us who wanted to keep the old factories.....

we lost

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 120

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Ralph - you have got to stop reading my mind!!!! How am I supposed to surprise you?

Found another shot of that factory by the tracks. Wish I could remember, if I ever knew, what they made there.

Attachments

• industrial.jpg
    industrial.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 115

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Didn't Inglis have a factory in that area too Val. There was also a furiture factory. Maybe one of them was your last photo. Interesting history including you in your war gear.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Hi Robin, you're right, Inglis had extensive facilities in the area. I used to live on Walnut St. just south of King and the head office was right across the park from my house. That's about all that's left of a massive complex of buildings stretching all the way to Hanna Ave.:( :( :(

But, Massey Ferguson will live again on my layout!

cheers
:D Val