Toronto Go Trains.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
We may have seen you wayne; we went down to Canada Blooms this morning (by car, unfortunately). Managed to see one GO at Union, 4 on the drive in and another on the drive home.
tetters: check theschedule before you travel. On our first fun Go trip, we arrived at thestation whenever, and had just missed the train and had to wait almost an hour for the next one.

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Schedules are available on-line, but I grabbed one for each line this morning, at Union Station. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me coming home this rush hour: Two F-units and some 1950's Pullman Standard cars at Mimico, all in CNR black, green, and gold, and lettered for Waterloo & St. Jacobs.

Wayne

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Wayne: The W&StJ train has been there for some years, although they've sold a few cars recently.
One cold winter night we were having dinner in Waterloo with a friend (another raifan) at the diner that overlooks the tracks. I saw something moving and drew everyone's attention to it. It was the excusion train being towed down the tracks. Since my friend had been a volunteer on the train, we made a fairly quick end to dinner and started to chase the train. We did see it once more -- the train was travelling much slower than we were expecting and we overshot it. They apparently had to double one of the grades.

galt904

Jan 17, 2005
Beachville ON
I rode the GO a couple weeks ago from Oakville to Union for the TO car show. It was a neat trip to see the backsides of the industries and everything. The Mimico servicing area is pretty neat too. I should get the pics off my camera.... :)

Squidbait

Recovering ALCO-holic
Jan 27, 2007
Paris, ON
Once upon a time you could see some really cool stuff at Mimico:

mimico2.jpg

mimico1.jpg