Tornado in Ohio

acshrpe

Oct 15, 2002
Southern MI
Visit site
I just heard on the news that the areas of Van Wert to Port Clinton Ohio was hit by tornados tonight. Hope everyone is OK. There was also a CXS train that was hit -- 19 cars were derailed. My prayers are with all of those in that area.

HERMANzGERMAN

Jul 17, 2002
Northeast Ohio
Visit site
I hope Brian S. is OK. You OK Brian?!?
I believe he was railfanning in Deshler over this weekend. Looks like they were right in the middle of the mess this afternoon. We have had many as of yet un-confirmed tornados in eastern Ohio too. Twinsburgh, Macedonia and Sheffield Lake seem pretty certain that their damage was from twisters. We here in Northeast Ohio were lucky. Just a lot of rain and thunder. The "Gales of November" strike again!

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
There was a Tornado betweem LaRue and Marion and over in Richland county..That was some type of strom that stomp through here yesterday evening...I hope Brian is ok to.

Yes,the wicked witch of November came calling...

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Just echoing David's sentiments. Much destruction too near Tuscaloosa AL....several people killed. One small town gone. 4 inches of rain here.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
I will also echo David's sentiments, my prayers go out to all concerned.
Shamus

Rusty Stumps

I just drove into Cincinnati from Indianapolis this afternoon and I didn't see anything of any damage along the way.

Nothing like I saw this past Spring up in Michigan along I94 between Battle Creek and Kalamazoo. In the Galesburg area both sides of the road had close to 60% of the trees down it was a real mess.

We sat on the floor in the laundry room as we don't have a basement. Us and the cats in their travel cages. You could hear the wind and hail hitting the windows and skylights. Kind of erry!

HERMANzGERMAN

Jul 17, 2002
Northeast Ohio
Visit site
Van Wert, Oh. had an F4 tornado. That is western Ohio.
My brother-in-law lives in Bells, Tennessee. They had a tornado too. He told us that it wrecked the house he just built and sold. He lived there for a year or so until it sold.
Talk about fate...:(