Top 5 Questions

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Well said Bill P,
I am also in agreement with Mike and Yakko cos I'm in the same boat as them. But I certainly relate to you Bill (P). I thought I was alone in having a wife who is crazy about 1/12th scale doll houses/doll collecting!:D :D . And you know what? ... hahaha, I have caught her out on "I don't remember seeing that before" (coz she too smuggles items into her collection) so what? She works and I wouldn't chastise her over such a thing. I guess we are real lucky to have wives like ours huh?:cool: Maybe I'm even luckier coz my wife just loves RR models. (I have to convince her to go much smaller than 1/12th or even her G scale though!)

Errol

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
YakkoWarner,
I checked your math. Given the available square footage of land, the average number of pieces in a basic Lionel train set, and the number of years during which these things were "thrown away", you are correct......... Assuming the ass belongs to a twelve foot tall man. If, however you assume that all that Lionel equipment is resting on a layer of baseball cards, and comic books, the man would have to be twentytwo feet six inches tall.
Pete

TR-Flyer

Nov 24, 2001
SC
Visit site
Uh,
i know y'all forget about "us", but a lot of those thrown away trains were American Flyer. I didn't let my folks throw mine away, and if any of you guys happen to find any under your asses, PLEASE send them my way. I'll assume, since it was discarded in the aforementioned location, that you'll be GIVING me those trains.

I don't have a layout, just 4 - 30"x48" modules used at our club's show layouts. So my wife's comment, upon learning what the modules have cost was, "And you don't even have a layout!" I then reminded her that 4-6 times a year i have a 20'x 30' layout that i can play with for 2 days. That didn't seem to help.

Top five questions received at all of our clubs layouts at shows
5. Can i come into the circle?
4. How much does it cost to get a starter layout?
3. So this is O scale, right?
2. So this is HO scale, right?
1. Is that REALLY American Flyer? I thought they all dissappeared?

The last one must have something to do with things dissappearing under peoples you-know-whats.

Thanks for the amusing lunch break guys. Back to work.
Regards,
Ted