Tools used for papermodeling

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade' started by Mindaugas, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Mindaugas

Mindaugas Member

Hello everyone!

I want to share my experience on used tools for paper modeling.

So now I will show my tools:

I use old trunk to store most of my tools. It is very comfortable to travel with such trunk :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are my tools. I won't talk much about them, because all of you know how to use all these tools. You can see here some tweezers, scissors, brushes, blades, knives, pins, paint bottles, sandpaper, glue and etc. There also you can see a box for moulding cockpits. I also have my own protection gloves, to protect hands from heat.

Also I have also other tools, that are not seen here in pictures: polishing disc, press for fixing parts in order to work with them, chisels, hammer and so on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And there are materials used by me. 1mm cardboard (grey one in the background), whatman, thin paper, 0.5mm cardboard, metal net, rubber, very thin plywood, aliuminium, 1mm wire, 0.5mm wire, 2mm aliuminum wire and cords:

[​IMG]

And here you can see my tools for working with electrics. And in the last photo you can see components used for electric systems: lamps, diodes, connections, plugs, resistors and so on..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So thats all. I hope this helped you. You can also post your equipment here :)

Good luck

--
  2. Bernie

Bernie Member

Mindaugas - you have a very nice collection of tools

Here are my tools /the basics/ of course that have more but not necessary to show all

/revell colours for metalic parts, wooden - beams for fixing the parts in correct position, set of glues for paper and metalic parts, acvarel colours and painting brush, metalic beam - to use on parts where you need to store glued part under weight pressure for some time, knife, scissors, metalic ruler and hammer-headed knife knurling and OLFA pad/