Tony's or Loy's

dwight77

Hi: I am about to purchase some DCC equipment (starter set and decoders) and it seems like Tony's and Loy's are pretty good from all I have seen. I am just taking one last shot at trying to figure out who likes or dislikes either of them and why? If you have any thoughts or experiences that you would care to share in dealing with either of these two hobby shops I would be appreciative.
Thanks
Dwight77

dturnerfish

I recently bought my DCC items from Tony's. Quick shipper and informed answers to my questions.

Was a bit concerned about asking too many questions. The person on the phone did not seem to happy about the 4 questions I had. But I'm happy.

oh, good price....

DT

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Another option is Fifer Hobbies. Mike is a member of the Gauge and I find his on-line business is great.

steamhead

Hi,
I've bought all my Digitrax decoders from Loy's Toys. Excellent service, and great info on their web site (loystoys.com). Also good prices and they'll bend over backwards to help you out if you get yourself in a bind. I've never spoken over the phone with them. I've done all my purchases and technical aid on the Internet. Great supplier.
Gus.

b28_82

I've dealt with both of them. And each of them had been very good to me. Tony does tend to give a lot of information. Loys sends his most current booklet that has a lot of information that is pretty nice to know.

RailRon

I had some things sent to me in Switzerland from Tony's.
Everything arrived ok and in very short time. I was very pleased by his service.

Ron

Tileguy

Loys toys has recieved all of my DCC business.Fred Standish is thier technical man and very knowledgable.We emailed back and forth a few times and he;s a very nice and very patient guy.I'm not at all sorry for my decision.

I have heard good things about Tony's but I have also heard that they seem to have only so much patience(a bad trait in a very technical field)Ive never eard any complaints about late shipping or problems like that from them.

The other biggie is Litchfield Station.Those who use litchfield are very satisfied and the owner has a yahoo group to help answer questions regarding DCC when he is not available.Ive never used them myself.

What exactly are you looking to buy?

fifer

Thanks for all the plugs . I admit we are not THE most knowlegable out there but we help as much as possible and ship same day or next day, and have very competative prices. I have used all of the sets I sell.
It comes down not to who you buy from but what you need for the layout you have.
Most manufacters are conforming to NMRA standards so there are not too many compatibility issues.
Good luck on your qwest for the perfect system and you will enjoy it no mater which one it is or where you purchase it!

Mike
:wave:

leghome

I bought my Super Empire builder form Hobbytown on the NE side of INDY. About the same price as online and if I have a problem I can go and talk to Dan face to face and get some straight answers. I like all of my LHS's each has thier own niche to fill and do it very well.