Today is The Day!

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Nice to see your house Michael. Those beautiful trees at the back must make sitting in the screened room a real pleasure. Is it a ravine behind you as the land sure seems to slope down at the back. Will make lawn mowing fun.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
I kinda get a bit jelous when I see trees butting up to someones back yard. We have our own kind of beauty here in the desert and the sunsets are outstanding, but I'm not too sure I wouldn't trade it all for a scene like that.

Tall trees and a screened-in train porch. Wow, what more could you ask for?:D

D:cool: N

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
Originally posted by jon-monon
I love that screened in TRAIN ROOM!

Well, since the porch faces south, the rain comes in the side. So it could be a train room if I don't mind my train layout being a train museum! Rusted rails, rusted out units, yep just like the real thing! :)

Originally posted by jkristia
is that a basement? congrats with you new house.

Nope, no basement yet. One of these days we may dig out some under the house and add a room. A train room if possible.

Michael

pomperaugrr

May 21, 2003
Connecticut
Visit site
Congratulations Michael! That looks like a great house for a family. At some point, you might be able to enclose the area under the screened porch for a train room. It would be easier than digging out a basement. A few insulated walls, a quick slab floor and a dry ceiling, allowing for drainage from the porch, and you can be in business :D . An auxiliary heating and cooling unit could keep things comfortable...just a suggestion.

Good luck and enjoy owning your own home! There's nothing like it.

Eric

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
I was about to say it looks like some of the houses inland from me.
Then I saw the back of the house. Ain't none like that.
Wellll.... maybe the ones on the shorline after a hurricane toke
away the sand. :rolleyes: ;)

Big Congrats!
Prayers and Wishes of a wonderful happy home!
:D :D