tmo files ???

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Getter1, Aug 23, 2005.

1. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy John,

No, I havent gone to bed yet, its 10 pm and I got off today at noon and didnt sleep all day, so I will probably be awake til I leave for work at 11:45 lol.
    Anyway, I was just looking at the "x wing" and thats neat. But................... I cant wait to see your version of that "starship" we spoke of about a month ago.................... this one:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

anyway, I know this is probably a ways off, but someone really needs to work on "The last starfighter" GUNSTAR. You have been elected since you brought it up to me originally lol.

have a good day,

Greg[/list]
  2. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy John,

No, I havent gone to bed yet, its 10 pm and I got off today at noon and didnt sleep all day, so I will probably be awake til I leave for work at 11:45 lol.
    Anyway, I was just looking at the "x wing" and thats neat. But................... I cant wait to see your version of that "starship" we spoke of about a month ago.................... this one:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

anyway, I know this is probably a ways off, but someone really needs to work on "The last starfighter" GUNSTAR. You have been elected since you brought it up to me originally lol.

have a good day,

Greg[/list]
  3. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

4. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

5. keith

keith Member

John, i managed to convert the objects in the tmo files but i just can't find out how they are positioned, rotated and scaled to make a full model.
    They make good 3D jigsaw puzzles :)

The best i can do is either to make the models in other software (metasequoia) OR make side view images of the parts with a grid so you can put them in with your working software and produce some paper models for us.
    OR Do you understand OFF files?

Anyway, after pulling my hair out i managed to produce this bike model.(minus some parts yet to fit)

BTW the front wheel is in 2 halves :)
  6. keith

keith Member

John, i managed to convert the objects in the tmo files but i just can't find out how they are positioned, rotated and scaled to make a full model.
    They make good 3D jigsaw puzzles :)

The best i can do is either to make the models in other software (metasequoia) OR make side view images of the parts with a grid so you can put them in with your working software and produce some paper models for us.
    OR Do you understand OFF files?

Anyway, after pulling my hair out i managed to produce this bike model.(minus some parts yet to fit)

BTW the front wheel is in 2 halves :)
  7. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Keith,

Wow, I had pretty much given up on those files. I don't know about OFF files but if you can get me the side views on grids I can easily put them into the program :D

The wheel's in 2 halves huh? Well I started on the Gunstar today and the mainbody is pretty much a cylinder and int he process of making that the progam seems to only let you have so many points on the grid, hence I had to divide the body into a half circle.

John
  8. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Keith,

Wow, I had pretty much given up on those files. I don't know about OFF files but if you can get me the side views on grids I can easily put them into the program :D

The wheel's in 2 halves huh? Well I started on the Gunstar today and the mainbody is pretty much a cylinder and int he process of making that the progam seems to only let you have so many points on the grid, hence I had to divide the body into a half circle.

John
  9. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Greg,

Check out the Gunstar so far. I still have quite a bit to go but it's turning out fairly well :D
  10. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Greg,

Check out the Gunstar so far. I still have quite a bit to go but it's turning out fairly well :D
  11. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy John,

Cool, I kinda figured you had forgotten about the gunstar lastnight when I read this thread. I had forgotten all about it before you mentioned it to me way back a month or so ago. But, I am glad to see you working on it and it is coming right along.
    Keep us posted on it, but......take your time, dont get burnt out on it if it doesnt come together right away.

Have a good evening,

greg
  12. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy John,

Cool, I kinda figured you had forgotten about the gunstar lastnight when I read this thread. I had forgotten all about it before you mentioned it to me way back a month or so ago. But, I am glad to see you working on it and it is coming right along.
    Keep us posted on it, but......take your time, dont get burnt out on it if it doesnt come together right away.

Have a good evening,

greg
  13. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Greg,

He he he. I don't get burned out, got a bad habit of getting distracted for other projects though :p

Actually that mid section of the body "should" be the hardest part as I can't do cones in the program. The rest "should" flow fairly smothly.

John
  14. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Greg,

He he he. I don't get burned out, got a bad habit of getting distracted for other projects though :p

Actually that mid section of the body "should" be the hardest part as I can't do cones in the program. The rest "should" flow fairly smothly.

John
  15. keith

keith Member

John,
    would it be possible to get one of your .tmo files so i can compare the shareware version with your version, it might be easier to convert it from the old version to one your software can read..

I'm having problems finding the 'position' of the parts in the model, although i know how they are named, textured, tapered, scaled and which faces 'join' to which objects. (it could just be the names of the objects that are the problem)

I like the simplicity of siryuu, although the zoom is horrid!!!!!!!!

Have you finished that gunstar yet?

keith
  16. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Keith,

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't know about the site turnover till I spoke with Greg via e-mail.

Sure I'll send you my files later on this evening.

Haven't finished the gunstar yet. I ordered a mini resin kit of it so I have a full 3D refrence as some of the pictures are not too clear on some of the details.

I have completed a test build of one of my mechs. Later on tonight I'll post a pic of it. Speaking of pics can anyone see the pics I have posted earlier. On my PC they are not here anymore.

John
  17. keith

keith Member

Thanks john, i'll see if i can write a .tmo to .tmo converter!!!
    you got my email or shall i pm it you?

Non of the attatchments are being displayed, if they(admin) have a copy it might be a while before they restore them, all those files to upload!!

keith
  18. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey Keith,

PM me your e-mail address and I'll get the files to you.

John
  19. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey guys,

Here's a test build of my 1st design called the bolt. I intend to make some of the parts a little diffrently when I convert everything to JPGs and detail them up in paint.

Let me know what you guys think.

John

Attached Files:

20. Mace

Mace Member

Wow now that looks nice *thumbs-up*

How long did you take to create it?

BTW Don't be a stranger and post those plans ;)