tmo files ???

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Getter1, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

The other one.

Let me know what you guys think.

John
  2. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

The other one.

Let me know what you guys think.

John
  3. Mace

Mace Member

WOW Getter I think they are pretty neat!

Looking forward to see the plans for those mechs
    I finally found a trail/shareware version of the software but it doesn't allow you to open saved tmo files.
    And I have to concure with you the drawing tools aint the best in the house :D
  4. Mace

Mace Member

WOW Getter I think they are pretty neat!

Looking forward to see the plans for those mechs
    I finally found a trail/shareware version of the software but it doesn't allow you to open saved tmo files.
    And I have to concure with you the drawing tools aint the best in the house :D
  5. keith

keith Member

Any chance of a link Mace?

I have been looking at the .tmo files, i'm not sure, but they look like 3d files.
    Everything seems to be made from boxes?

Getter1, did you manage to open escape.tmo? is it made from 17 parts?

I'll try converting the escape.tmo to a readable format if it is a 3D file.

keith
  6. keith

keith Member

Any chance of a link Mace?

I have been looking at the .tmo files, i'm not sure, but they look like 3d files.
    Everything seems to be made from boxes?

Getter1, did you manage to open escape.tmo? is it made from 17 parts?

I'll try converting the escape.tmo to a readable format if it is a 3D file.

keith
  7. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey Mace,

Glad you like em. The black one is far more detailed than you can see in the pic. The black drowns out so much.

If you have the trial version I may be able to send you the files I have created and they should open up for you :D It would be nice to have another test builder as work usually leaves me broke down on my days off meaning I don't get much done on the models lately.

I'm not sure why but I have the Pro-Version and I still cannot open the TMOs from the site. I think it has to do with some deep compatiability issues between the English to Japanese versions of Windows. It's a bit upsetting mostly because the motorcycle if I'm ot mistaken is the Garland from Megazone 23. I really wanted that one to work. The X-Wing looks simple enough for me to re-create on my own.

When backed up my designs to a 3 1/2" floppy I got an error warning that the target could not handle the request, but upon opening the file anyway it was ok :roll:

John
  8. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey Mace,

Glad you like em. The black one is far more detailed than you can see in the pic. The black drowns out so much.

If you have the trial version I may be able to send you the files I have created and they should open up for you :D It would be nice to have another test builder as work usually leaves me broke down on my days off meaning I don't get much done on the models lately.

I'm not sure why but I have the Pro-Version and I still cannot open the TMOs from the site. I think it has to do with some deep compatiability issues between the English to Japanese versions of Windows. It's a bit upsetting mostly because the motorcycle if I'm ot mistaken is the Garland from Megazone 23. I really wanted that one to work. The X-Wing looks simple enough for me to re-create on my own.

When backed up my designs to a 3 1/2" floppy I got an error warning that the target could not handle the request, but upon opening the file anyway it was ok :roll:

John
  9. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Keith,

Indeed the program only works in box shapes, no curves at all (the 1st of several limitations). However with a little creativity you can still produce some rather neat little models.

In fact the white robot's head and legs are originally rounded but I had to make them squared off. I angled them as close to my original design as possible. Too bad some of my other best designs are ALL CURVES, and would look completly stupid if I squared them out :?

You're in luck as far as the escape file is concernes. If you look at the bottom of it's text window you will see another download area. That file opens as a JPEG!!! :D In fact the Kobun (serv-bot), RX-75, and White Base all have a JPEG version, so you don't need this software to open get those models. Unfortunatly the other do need this software which I have and still eluedes me :?

John
  10. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Keith,

Indeed the program only works in box shapes, no curves at all (the 1st of several limitations). However with a little creativity you can still produce some rather neat little models.

In fact the white robot's head and legs are originally rounded but I had to make them squared off. I angled them as close to my original design as possible. Too bad some of my other best designs are ALL CURVES, and would look completly stupid if I squared them out :?

You're in luck as far as the escape file is concernes. If you look at the bottom of it's text window you will see another download area. That file opens as a JPEG!!! :D In fact the Kobun (serv-bot), RX-75, and White Base all have a JPEG version, so you don't need this software to open get those models. Unfortunatly the other do need this software which I have and still eluedes me :?

John
  11. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Perhaps this is too ambitious a project for this program but one day I will have to try this design I came up with forever ago.

*note this was a doodle on the back of school notes. I liked it too much to toss so I cut it out, pasted it on to a piece of paper and finished the drawing :lol:

John
  12. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Perhaps this is too ambitious a project for this program but one day I will have to try this design I came up with forever ago.

*note this was a doodle on the back of school notes. I liked it too much to toss so I cut it out, pasted it on to a piece of paper and finished the drawing :lol:

John
  13. Mace

Mace Member

WOW John I would be reeeeally impressed if you pull that one off :shock: :D

Nice drawing BTW ;)

Anyways lets give it a try, you sending me one of your files, but I'm pretty sure it aint going to work because I cant open and save.
    But better safe then sorry my mom used to tell me :D

And for Keith Siryu via Rapidshare ~6MB
    But be warned Keith its in Japanese or something 8) Hope you payed attention during classes :lol:
  14. Mace

Mace Member

WOW John I would be reeeeally impressed if you pull that one off :shock: :D

Nice drawing BTW ;)

Anyways lets give it a try, you sending me one of your files, but I'm pretty sure it aint going to work because I cant open and save.
    But better safe then sorry my mom used to tell me :D

And for Keith Siryu via Rapidshare ~6MB
    But be warned Keith its in Japanese or something 8) Hope you payed attention during classes :lol:
  15. keith

keith Member

hehe i missed the bitmap file, thanks john :)
    john, have you tried using the shareware version, different versions might have different file formats? just a thought.
    I find turning my antivirus software off helps with japanese programs as the some of the text confuses it.

Thanks mace, i'll go and upset the neighbours with that download :shock:
    and i'll get the hex editor out and try to english it! :lol:

In the 3D files i found that you can do 12 sided boxes which is classed as round in low poly models. I can't see any reason why you can't have more sides.

keith - trying to convert FFFF to -1
  16. keith

keith Member

hehe i missed the bitmap file, thanks john :)
    john, have you tried using the shareware version, different versions might have different file formats? just a thought.
    I find turning my antivirus software off helps with japanese programs as the some of the text confuses it.

Thanks mace, i'll go and upset the neighbours with that download :shock:
    and i'll get the hex editor out and try to english it! :lol:

In the 3D files i found that you can do 12 sided boxes which is classed as round in low poly models. I can't see any reason why you can't have more sides.

keith - trying to convert FFFF to -1
  17. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy John,

Wow, you have been busy, they look great for someone who just got the software. I have glanced at this thread back when you first started it, but I had never heard of a TMO file so I wasnt paying attention. Apparently this software has a fast learning curve huh?
    Well great work, hope to see more from you soon.

have a good day,

Greg
  18. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy John,

Wow, you have been busy, they look great for someone who just got the software. I have glanced at this thread back when you first started it, but I had never heard of a TMO file so I wasnt paying attention. Apparently this software has a fast learning curve huh?
    Well great work, hope to see more from you soon.

have a good day,

Greg
  19. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Mace, I think I'ld be equally or more impressed if I managed to pull that one off :lol: Glad you like the design though. Send me you e-mail addy so I can send you the files. If you can make and save a file on your version you should be able to open these up. If not you will have to buy the software. It's cheap and well worth it.

Here's where I got mine :wink:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4777511219/250-4807883-0401821

Keith, I tried turing both anti-virus and firewall off but it made no diffrence. Also I know about polygon balls but the design set up is too simple to allow you to make them. When you get the software you'll see what I mean.

Greg, Yeah it does have a very fast learning curve. The hardest thing is figuring out what does what when you can't read a thing. The book it came with is really helpful as it has a detail picture tutorial. I just payed attention to what they were doing in the pictures and where they were selecting on the tool bars. Don't worry there's more to come :wink:

In fact here's the X-Wing I did based on the shots from the website with the TMOs. I re-did the engines, lasers, and cockpit section. I may do this one agian. I started the design based on the other guy's work, but i think the whole thing can be done better. In the mean time this is what I have.
  20. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Mace, I think I'ld be equally or more impressed if I managed to pull that one off :lol: Glad you like the design though. Send me you e-mail addy so I can send you the files. If you can make and save a file on your version you should be able to open these up. If not you will have to buy the software. It's cheap and well worth it.

Here's where I got mine :wink:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4777511219/250-4807883-0401821

Keith, I tried turing both anti-virus and firewall off but it made no diffrence. Also I know about polygon balls but the design set up is too simple to allow you to make them. When you get the software you'll see what I mean.

Greg, Yeah it does have a very fast learning curve. The hardest thing is figuring out what does what when you can't read a thing. The book it came with is really helpful as it has a detail picture tutorial. I just payed attention to what they were doing in the pictures and where they were selecting on the tool bars. Don't worry there's more to come :wink:

In fact here's the X-Wing I did based on the shots from the website with the TMOs. I re-did the engines, lasers, and cockpit section. I may do this one agian. I started the design based on the other guy's work, but i think the whole thing can be done better. In the mean time this is what I have.