tmo files ???

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Getter1, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

I found some neat little models at

http://www.inazuma.jp/arumenoy/craft/kaijyou1.html

but most of them are (tmo files). Has anyone heard of these, and how do you open em up? I tried a web search and came up with squat :?

Any help would be appreciated.

John
  2. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

I found some neat little models at

http://www.inazuma.jp/arumenoy/craft/kaijyou1.html

but most of them are (tmo files). Has anyone heard of these, and how do you open em up? I tried a web search and came up with squat :?

Any help would be appreciated.

John
  3. raiwong

raiwong Member

I just found out that the .TMO files were created using the Zortech C++ Global optimizer.

http://www.filext.net/TMO_.html

Unfortunately, I don't have a clue on how to view those files, and, as you have pointed out, the search engines are not mucn of a help either. Perhaps you someone who is an IT guru here may help.

For .LZH files (also found on the website u mentioned), u may use one of the programs mentioned here:
    http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=LZH

I am going to try using picozip for the LZH files (http://www.picozip.com/index.html?aff=cknow)

I just don't understand why some people love to use unfamiliar file formats and expect others to view the files. In my oppinion, if a product has to be distributed widely, it should be in the format that most people are familiar with.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,
    Rai :)
  4. raiwong

raiwong Member

I just found out that the .TMO files were created using the Zortech C++ Global optimizer.

http://www.filext.net/TMO_.html

Unfortunately, I don't have a clue on how to view those files, and, as you have pointed out, the search engines are not mucn of a help either. Perhaps you someone who is an IT guru here may help.

For .LZH files (also found on the website u mentioned), u may use one of the programs mentioned here:
    http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=LZH

I am going to try using picozip for the LZH files (http://www.picozip.com/index.html?aff=cknow)

I just don't understand why some people love to use unfamiliar file formats and expect others to view the files. In my oppinion, if a product has to be distributed widely, it should be in the format that most people are familiar with.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,
    Rai :)
  5. Mace

Mace Member

Oke well after a helluva lot of translating, I finally understand the following (I think) :

The models were made with some sort of papercraftsoftware (like pepakura) with saves the models in a TMO file :eek:
    They had 2 versions the standard and Pro (one was freeware) but I can't make out if the company went buttom up or that it became payware.

You can see a movie on the main page in which a tiny pussycat is designed. That was the pro version btw.

So the question is can someone get a hold of the sofware program and convert the remaining models to BMP/JPG?

the LZH files can also be extracted using winrar of winace.

Hope that helps :D

UPDATE: The Paper Craft Modeling software 'SIRYU' (Paper dragon) was used to make these models. Lets see if we can find a viewer for it :lol:
  6. Mace

Mace Member

Oke well after a helluva lot of translating, I finally understand the following (I think) :

The models were made with some sort of papercraftsoftware (like pepakura) with saves the models in a TMO file :eek:
    They had 2 versions the standard and Pro (one was freeware) but I can't make out if the company went buttom up or that it became payware.

You can see a movie on the main page in which a tiny pussycat is designed. That was the pro version btw.

So the question is can someone get a hold of the sofware program and convert the remaining models to BMP/JPG?

the LZH files can also be extracted using winrar of winace.

Hope that helps :D

UPDATE: The Paper Craft Modeling software 'SIRYU' (Paper dragon) was used to make these models. Lets see if we can find a viewer for it :lol:
  7. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Mace I think you're right that it's not freeware. After a bit of hunting myself I found it on Amazon.jp and ordered it. I hope this turns out as useful as I think it can be (maybe I can start desinging kits myself with it). I'll know in 3 th 4 weeks :wink:
  8. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Mace I think you're right that it's not freeware. After a bit of hunting myself I found it on Amazon.jp and ordered it. I hope this turns out as useful as I think it can be (maybe I can start desinging kits myself with it). I'll know in 3 th 4 weeks :wink:
  9. Mace

Mace Member

Well keep us posted....I would really like to know if that's the software you need. :wink:

And maybe you can convert these tmo files for us into workable extensions :lol:
  10. Mace

Mace Member

Well keep us posted....I would really like to know if that's the software you need. :wink:

And maybe you can convert these tmo files for us into workable extensions :lol:
  11. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Mace, will do. Just have to wait on overseas shipping.
  12. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Mace, will do. Just have to wait on overseas shipping.
  13. widget

widget Member

I D/L'd the free version a year or two ago and never could get it to install on my computer. Wrong language or something,keep us posted.
  14. widget

widget Member

I D/L'd the free version a year or two ago and never could get it to install on my computer. Wrong language or something,keep us posted.
  15. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Well everybody I got the software yesterday :D It's been a bit tricky trying to figure out everything as it is all in Japanese and I understand VERY LITTLE Japanese.

I'm having difficulty opening the TMO files I posted earlier. In fact I cannot open over half the sample models that came with the software??? I'll keep trying though.

However I have figured out enough to start designing a model myself. This is a neat program but it has some limitations. It is great for a beginer like me though. I'll post the model when I'm done with it :D

I recommend it for anyone who wants to make fun, basic kits as well as learning the process of model designing. It's cheap too :D only $16 from Amazon Japan. Shipping's steep though $15 :shock:

John
  16. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Well everybody I got the software yesterday :D It's been a bit tricky trying to figure out everything as it is all in Japanese and I understand VERY LITTLE Japanese.

I'm having difficulty opening the TMO files I posted earlier. In fact I cannot open over half the sample models that came with the software??? I'll keep trying though.

However I have figured out enough to start designing a model myself. This is a neat program but it has some limitations. It is great for a beginer like me though. I'll post the model when I'm done with it :D

I recommend it for anyone who wants to make fun, basic kits as well as learning the process of model designing. It's cheap too :D only $16 from Amazon Japan. Shipping's steep though $15 :shock:

John
  17. Mace

Mace Member

Hee thats great news!! Looking forward to your model :D
  18. Mace

Mace Member

Hee thats great news!! Looking forward to your model :D
  19. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Well I still can't open those files, but I have designed 4 models so far. Man it's hard work, I really respest those of ou who design professionally more than ever. I'm not able to get near the detail as you guys (the pros) due to both the limitations of the software and a lack of experience on my part :roll:

Anywho, the kits I designed are mechs (robots) from a board/RPG I designed back in 1993. The pics are from the deign assembly field. I need to do some test builds and then I'm gonna try to scan them into JPEGs so I can detail them up in paint. The software's drawing tools are horrible so detailing would be very difficult.
  20. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Well I still can't open those files, but I have designed 4 models so far. Man it's hard work, I really respest those of ou who design professionally more than ever. I'm not able to get near the detail as you guys (the pros) due to both the limitations of the software and a lack of experience on my part :roll:

Anywho, the kits I designed are mechs (robots) from a board/RPG I designed back in 1993. The pics are from the deign assembly field. I need to do some test builds and then I'm gonna try to scan them into JPEGs so I can detail them up in paint. The software's drawing tools are horrible so detailing would be very difficult.