TMCC - Buzzing Sound (Ground loop)???

MCF

Dec 10, 2005
Set up my first set last week - Lionel Black Diamond Freight. Last night I set up TMCC - Cab-1, TMCC Lock On, Command Base and Transformer that came with the train set. I have checked everything twice and am having a buzzing coming from out of the engine speakers. It did not occur while operating in conventional mode.

The buzzing is present all the time and it is coming out of the speakers...when the volume is up, you can't hear it but when your turn the volume down using the CAB-1 it is there and it is pretty loud....loud enough to where you wouldn't want it sitting in the same room with you. The only way to get the buzzing to go away is to turn down the manual volume knob on the engine, which is not an acceptable solution because you lose all your sound. This problem didn't exist with conventional control...only since I hooked up TMCC.....any thoughts!??!! I have actually unplugged everything else in the room to see if something was causing a ground loop or something with the engine. All lights on the TMCC Lockon, transformer and command base are green. Everything else with the TMCC seems to be working fine. Per a local authorized Lionel dealer, the engine should be completely silent after going thru it's shutdown sequence....