Titanic Card Model Breaks in Two!

Bengt F

Hello all Titanic-modelers and -fans,

While doing some research on the large Atlantic passenger steamers, I found this interesting Titanic forum, with a post by a Dutch member who is apparently constructing a GIGANTIC 1:100 scale card model of the 'RMS Titanic'.

It is an extremely realistic model - it´s hull even breaks up in two, just like the ill-fated original Titanic´s hull did while it was sinking in the cold North Atlantic, ninetyfive years ago: http://www.titanic-titanic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=573

Some model, eh?
Bengt:D

Bengt F

Hello all Titanic-modelers and -fans,

While doing some research on the large Atlantic passenger steamers, I found this interesting Titanic forum, with a post by a Dutch member who is apparently constructing a GIGANTIC 1:100 scale card model of the 'RMS Titanic'.

It is an extremely realistic model - it´s hull even breaks up in two, just like the ill-fated original Titanic´s hull did while it was sinking in the cold North Atlantic, ninetyfive years ago: http://www.titanic-titanic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=573

Some model, eh?
Bengt:D

hummm if me and son my start now !!!!!

My wife would throw us both out by the end of the week!!! ha ha ha

That a great build lot of time put in on that one :)

hummm if me and son my start now !!!!!

My wife would throw us both out by the end of the week!!! ha ha ha

That a great build lot of time put in on that one :)

milenio3

My oh my!!
She looks pretty good to me. I hope he can finish it well.

Hey, my friend Bengt, by the way (and not to try stealing your thread here), I printed Currell's Titanic in about 150% and it seems that it will look very very good. Have you tried to print it that size?

milenio3

My oh my!!
She looks pretty good to me. I hope he can finish it well.

Hey, my friend Bengt, by the way (and not to try stealing your thread here), I printed Currell's Titanic in about 150% and it seems that it will look very very good. Have you tried to print it that size?

Bengt F

'RMS Titanic' Model 1:200 Scale by Ralph Currell

Hola Gerardo,

I have printed it in 115 %. I think I will be able to build that size - the ship will be 14 inches long instead of 9.

You can see a bit of my model (the blue Atlantic Ocean base plate and the hull in parts) in the 'Workbench' thread it´s behind the table lamp to the right of the cutting mat.

Regards,
Bengt :D

Bengt F

'RMS Titanic' Model 1:200 Scale by Ralph Currell

Hola Gerardo,

I have printed it in 115 %. I think I will be able to build that size - the ship will be 14 inches long instead of 9.

You can see a bit of my model (the blue Atlantic Ocean base plate and the hull in parts) in the 'Workbench' thread it´s behind the table lamp to the right of the cutting mat.

Regards,

airbob

Titanic and more at 1:600 scale!

Bengt,
I too love the classic steamships from this era....my site has 2 photoes of the Augusta Victoria, Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse, Mauratania, and Titanic reduced from the much larger kits to the 1:600 scale....the Augusta and the Kaiser were especially challenging since they each had about a million ventilation shafts...some that I used a straight pin for the center diameter dilitation!!! I enjoyed very much building these little beauties....the detail of the these two later kits still amaze me...really well engineered kits!!!...
http://www.clarksvegas.com/bob/gallery2/v/bob/ships1.jpg.html
http://www.clarksvegas.com/bob/gallery2/v/bob/ships3.jpg.html

airbob

Titanic and more at 1:600 scale!

Bengt,
I too love the classic steamships from this era....my site has 2 photoes of the Augusta Victoria, Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse, Mauratania, and Titanic reduced from the much larger kits to the 1:600 scale....the Augusta and the Kaiser were especially challenging since they each had about a million ventilation shafts...some that I used a straight pin for the center diameter dilitation!!! I enjoyed very much building these little beauties....the detail of the these two later kits still amaze me...really well engineered kits!!!...
http://www.clarksvegas.com/bob/gallery2/v/bob/ships1.jpg.html
http://www.clarksvegas.com/bob/gallery2/v/bob/ships3.jpg.html

Bengt F

Large Atlantic Steamers

Bob,

Those are beauties! It strikes me at first that you got the colour of the funnels and decks of the Titanic right - you sometimes see funnels that are much too light or too bright yellow.
Were these models card models to begin with or are they scratch-built?

I take my hat off . . .

Bengt F

Large Atlantic Steamers

Bob,

Those are beauties! It strikes me at first that you got the colour of the funnels and decks of the Titanic right - you sometimes see funnels that are much too light or too bright yellow.
Were these models card models to begin with or are they scratch-built?

I take my hat off . . .

airbob

ship kits reply...

Bengt,
Naw, Bengt....I do not possess skills even approaching that level....the Augusta and the Kaiser Wilhelm were Modellbaubogen Verlag /Scheur & Struver kits at 1:250 the Titanic was a 1:250 kit from Wilhelmshavener Modellbaubogan, the Mauretania was the old JSC kit at whatever scale that one was done at...but the Scheur & Struver kits are masterpieces in my humble opinion....and the 1:250 Titanic is a good kit....

airbob

ship kits reply...

Bengt,
Naw, Bengt....I do not possess skills even approaching that level....the Augusta and the Kaiser Wilhelm were Modellbaubogen Verlag /Scheur & Struver kits at 1:250 the Titanic was a 1:250 kit from Wilhelmshavener Modellbaubogan, the Mauretania was the old JSC kit at whatever scale that one was done at...but the Scheur & Struver kits are masterpieces in my humble opinion....and the 1:250 Titanic is a good kit....

Bengt F

Wilhemshavener Titanic Kit 1:250

Thanks, Bob,

I´ll take a look at that Wilhemshavener kit. I do like the colors, especially the so called "White Star Buff" yellow-brown color of the funnels and the seemingly correct color (if perhaps a tad dark) of the pinewood decks.

Best,
Bengt :smile:

Bengt F

Wilhemshavener Titanic Kit 1:250

Thanks, Bob,

I´ll take a look at that Wilhemshavener kit. I do like the colors, especially the so called "White Star Buff" yellow-brown color of the funnels and the seemingly correct color (if perhaps a tad dark) of the pinewood decks.

Best,
Bengt :smile: