Tires

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by danny_holtermann, Feb 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidewayzinCA

sidewayzinCA Guest

hey, drifting is a controled slide used primarily to negotiate a turn in which you want to keep an increased speed or stay at higher rpms. most of the time it is slower to use on a corner but if properly done it can be faster. DRIFTING IS NOT POWERSLIDING. power sliding is flooring it around a corner in a camaro drifting is a CONTROLLED slide.
  2. timrock

timrock Active Member

3. danny_holtermann

danny_holtermann Member

I need to know where to buy some tires to drift?
  4. coolboxerman

coolboxerman New Member

I saw many ppl made their tires out of PVC pipes, and glue it onto the rim.
  5. timrock

timrock Active Member

pvc pipe?you mind as well just take the tires off and ride on the rims or drive the car on ice.

i would say try useing foam tires.Not rubber tires with foam inserts.Foam tires.
  6. mastmec

mastmec Member

You can't use foam tires for drifting, they grip too much. You have to use hard compound tires with firm inserts.
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

you would have to try it first before you claim that,mastec.and even if you did try it and it didnt work for you,it could be caused by your level of driving skill.
  8. mastmec

mastmec Member

Have you ever ran foam tires Tim? I have, and it doesn't work, and it wouldn't work for you either. If it did, wouldn't all the top drivers be running them to drift with? Or are you saying that their drivings skills aren't up to par either. You drive a Rustler, you don't even like on-road cars "with their silly little wheels"(you said that) anyway, what would you know about it. At the beginning of this you didn't even know what 'drifting' was!!!!
    Before you tell me I should try something, you should check to see if I have first.
  9. timrock

timrock Active Member

i have alot more experience with this stuff than you do in which may not be as obviuos to others as it is to me.

yes i have ran foam tires and was into onroad for years.they dont have as much grip as you think.
  10. timrock

timrock Active Member

my hobby is mostly high MPH speed runs.i have done some serious speeds with many different kits which would include a Team Associated off road buggy,set up for on road,Bolink(with a completely costumized frame),Traxxas statium trucks ect.i know what i am talking about.
  11. timrock

timrock Active Member

the reason why the foam tires didnt work for you,mastec,would,most likely be caused by you not knowing how to drive.
  12. mastmec

mastmec Member

Hows the weather in your little world? You play with the toys of this hobby ie. Traxxas Rustler,Bolink. And how do you figure you have ALOT more experience at this than I? You say this may not be obvious to others? Do you really think they are that stupid?
  13. timrock

timrock Active Member

i wouldn`t call them stupid.it just may not be as obvious to others as it is to me and ones with expeirence in this hobby.
  14. timrock

timrock Active Member

you cut comuntators and dont even know why.niether does steve.you guys proved that to me
  15. mastmec

mastmec Member

I must be nice living in your little dream world where you know something, there has only been a few that have agreed with you, probably around the age of 13 or so, but as soon as they get their cars and try your ideas, will soon dissagree with you. So live it up King Of Nothing.
  16. timrock

timrock Active Member

you are such an ashole.i dont know why i even read what you post.
  17. mastmec

mastmec Member

You read them to learn something, then you dissagree with it so, I guess, to save face.
  18. timrock

timrock Active Member

ok,whatever you say.
  19. coolboxerman

coolboxerman New Member

i've seen people make drift tires out of PVC pipes and glue it onto the rims
  20. timrock

timrock Active Member

did they also glue any rubber or anything else to the PVC?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.