Tin prints by Ted Blaylock

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
I've been meaning to share these for quite a while but am just now getting around to it....
My wife and I were shopping in downtown Scottsdale, AZ and happened to come across one of those stores where they have prints on sheets of tin. I found these two prints and absolutely love them. Just thought you'd like to see. As mentioned in the title, the artist is Ted Blaylock. I had to take the photographs on an angle otherwise the whole thing was washed out by the flash!

Attachments

• DCP_4444 copy.jpg
    DCP_4444 copy.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 69
  • DCP_4445 copy.jpg
    DCP_4445 copy.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 66

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
THANKS! TrainNut:thumb: the bottom pic is my favorite of the two, though i really like the top one too;) . :D -Deano

liven_letdie

Mar 22, 2005
Turlock, CA
www.downthelinetrains.com
I picked these same two up plus one more at a flea market for $15. I have also seen them at an antique store that specialized in repro tin signs for much more. They are very high quality and I am always getting compliments on them. For that you cant beat the price!

Cory

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Neat stuff, what store did you find them in? I can't tell you how long it's been since we went shopping in downtown Scottsdale, but this looks like it might be worth the trip.:thumb:

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
As we got them a little bit ago, I don't remember the name of the store however, it is on the south side of E 1st Ave in between N Scottsdale Rd. and N Brown Ave. It is that little congested area near the middle of the bypass by Main St. where they have it all mocked up as a little western town. & again, I don't remember 'zactly but if I got them in Scottsdale in a curio store, guaranteed I paid more than $15 for the both. Good find Liven_letdie!

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I've seen enameled tin signs in antique stores with ads for Coke, Pepsi, Arm & Hammer, and various automobiles, but I've nevr seen any with railroad art. My wife likes to shop at antique stores when we have a bit of extra cash. I'll have to look for something like that next time we go to an antique mall.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
TrainNut said:
As we got them a little bit ago, I don't remember the name of the store however, it is on the south side of E 1st Ave in between N Scottsdale Rd. and N Brown Ave. It is that little congested area near the middle of the bypass by Main St. where they have it all mocked up as a little western town. & again, I don't remember 'zactly but if I got them in Scottsdale in a curio store, guaranteed I paid more than $15 for the both. Good find Liven_letdie!
Yeah, I can be sure that if that's where you got them, they were a heck of a lot more than $15. I think the parking meters in that area take $10 bills...:D :D :D :D