Timmy And The Model Railroader

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
One glorious spring afternoon found a gentleman enjoying the sun on the front porch, whilst tinkering with his latest model railroading project.

The front door of the house next door opened, and out came Timmy, who went to the garden shed, rummaged around for a bit, and wandered by trailing something behind him.

"Whatcha have there, Timmy?", called out the gent.
"Chicken wire, sir.", replied Timmy. "I'm headed into town."

Off went Timmy, into town with his chicken wire, leaving the model railroader puzzled in his wake.

About two hours later, back came Timmy, with dozens of chickens caught up in the wire. The elderly fellow was amazed. :eek:

Next day, the gent was out enjoying the sunshine again, when Timmy made another appearance, this time rooting about in the garage, and, once again, heading off with something in his hands.

"So, what do you have today there, Timmy?", enquired the model railroader.
"Duct tape, sir. I'm off to town."

Once again, a couple of hours later, back comes Timmy with a veritable slew of ducks caught up in the tape. The fellow was amazed. Again. :eek:

Well, sure enough, the next day found our gentleman out on the porch, this time reading the latest "Model Railroading" offering, (The CoonCreek issue, dontcha know...) and sure enough, out comes Timmy, who tugged something from his bicycle, and was about to head off, when...

"Say, Timmy. Headed into town again?", called out the older fellow.
"Yes, sir", responded Timmy.
"Whatcha taking with you this time?"
"Why, it's a training wheel.", answered Timmy.

"Grab the other one, son...I'll go fetch my hat." :)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Originally posted by Lighthorseman

That's right, Will. I just thought that training wheels were appropriate for this forum. :)
Aww, come on, give us credit. some of us have other interests as well as trains.:D :D And those that don't, well they probably wouldn't understand the joke anyway...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I guess you're going to tell us the kid was singing: "hi HO, hi O , 'N it's off to work we go.:wave: :wave: