Time to Start IPMS 2007 Preparations?

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Gil, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Gil

Gil Active Member

Hello All,

Is it too soon to start preparation for the 2007 IPMS contest? I'm asking for a little help from IPMS members for their help in getting a dialogue going now for the August 2007 Nationals in Pasadena, California. -Gil
  2. David T. Okamura

David T. Okamura Member

Hi, Gil!

Actually the 2007 IPMS/USA National Convention will be held at the Anaheim Marriott hotel, very close to Disneyland. It will take place August 22-25.

I'll probably have more information next week after our club's July meeting (our chapter's hosting the event). So far we've had few announcements as a traditional courtesy to this year's convention organizers (in Kansas City). but soon we'll get the publicity machine going full blast.

I'll find out exactly which model categories will have a paper model sub-division, and whether we can have a special section devoted to displaying paper models not in competition. And then we'll concentrate on panel discussions/presentations, demonstrations, a "make and take" table for younger attendees, dealers, etc. Hopefully we can have a "mini West Coast paper model show INSIDE the IPMS Nationals!

Oh, by the way... I noticed that Trader Sam posts here. Sam, I was planning to e-mail you before the end of the month, but one of the special theme competitions at the 2007 Nationals is "Disney Models". You think you might have a couple that fit that category? ;-)

More news to come soon!