Thursday: Stinkies, Steam or Sparks?

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

Once the rain got out of here we had a beautiful day.

No modeling last night.

What do have more of, steam, diesel, traction, or something else?

I mostly have diesel locos. I have 26 diesels from F units to SDs and U-boats. I have 7 steam locos. I also have one electric and one gas doodlebug.

shaygetz

Between my 5 N scale locos and my 45 HO locomotives, they break down---18 steam (2 articulateds, 1 shay, 2 Pacifics and a Northern among them), 8 electric (4 GG1s, a French C-C "Broken Nose" and 2 trolleys among them), 22 diesel (2 PAs, 2 E8/9s, 2 DD40s among those), 2 gas (a doodlebug and a goose)...kinda of an eclectic mix, ya think?:D I reeeeally would like to build a full layout some day:thumb:

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
My main 4 engines are Steam, (Bachmann Climax) and Diesel (The U-25-B and the LGB Kitbashed Diesel) I also have the Eggliner.... and The HOn3 Porter

C

Catt

Four steam in two scales ,one hundred diesels in four scales and three gas in one scale. :D

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Diesels diesels diesels! :) I have a collection of F units, Geeps and a couple of U Boats. I do have a non operating steamer parked along side a set of curved tracks to create my own little version of Horseshoe Curve with a preserved loco as a tourist attraction. :)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Just took a head count, 9 steam plus 3 switchers, 35 diesel plus 3 switchers. The diesels are mostly Geeps and F units. All of them are N scale. Some of these Geeps are ones that I bought when Model Expo got out of the model RR business and have never been out of their boxes, some have only been run once.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
All steam, except my original train set that came with a diesel, plus one gas-electric if it ever arrives... :rolleyes: ;) :D

Andrew

Russ Bellinis

I like steam, but when I started modeling in the 1980's most inexpensive steam engines ran terrible. As a result I bought transition era diesel so I would have something to run while I worked on the steam engines to get them running. Now that I'm retired, I hope to get more time to work on the steam engines and get them up to the standards of my diesel fleet.

jetrock

I think diesels win out: two SW1500s, an SW1, an S1, three 44 tonners, one 70 tonner, two GP-9s and a GP38. Juice is represented by my gaggle of Birneys (I think I have four single-truckers and one double-truck) and an indeterminate number of Bachmann Brills (mostly for modifying/kitbashing) and a Baldwin-Westinghouse steeplecab.

My only steam locomotive is my HOn30 pseudo-Porter gypsy locomotive.

Pooh Bah
I think steamers win in a knockout, but I don't have an accuarate count. In HO I have 2 diesels and an electro-diesel; these are out numbered by my traction fleet.
Not sure about N; I've got a GG1 and a 3-unit PA; I think all the steamers were sold. Should I include the OOO gauge diesel?

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
3 steam: Consolidation, 80tn three truck Shay, Big Boy
18 Diesel: 2 SD70M's, 1 C44-9W, 1 GP-60, 4 GP-35's, 2 GP-9's, 1 GP-7, 1 PA&PB, 1 SD-45, 1 FP-45, 1 F-45, 1 HH16-44, 1 P42AC Genesis, 1 F-7