Thursday and What Car?

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

I finished adding trees and foliage around the Cement Distributor area. I also continue to paint some detail parts for the caboose/office.

What is your favorite type of rolling stock?

In my collection the largest number of cars is 40’ boxcars. I have all kinds, steel, wood, wood outside truss, etc. Out of the 40’ boxcars the ones I like the best are the Accurail outside truss wood boxcars. Also since I model the anthracite region of Pennsylvania I have a large collection of open hoppers. Lastly I have a bunch of covered hoppers. I have the big 54’ grain covered hoppers and the smaller cement hoppers.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
hard choice to make;) . its a toss up between PS & FMC 50' boxcars, and autoracks:thumb:. i live about 15 miles from a GM plant, so i see ALOT of both:D . :D -Deano

C

Catt

Covered hoppers (all kinds) in two scales -n- boxcares also in two scales.:D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
I too like autoracks. We have a yard not too far from the house and I see them all the time. I also see a lot of centerbeam cars locally, and like to see them with their lumber loads. But, my all-time favorite has to be the boxcar. There's just so many of them and so many different types and paint schemes, you could never get bored trying to keep up with them all.

Thoroughbreed

Aug 4, 2006
South Eastern AL
Woodchip hoppers, the big greenville 7k cft ones. Have always seen them for as long as I can remember. Theres a Mead paper plant just 30 miles down the highway from here, and Southern, now NS, hoppers run daily.