Thunderchild's Warhawk

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Greetings to all and to all hello,

Well, I have finaly been able to not only get a new system, but I also go a new printer as well
biggrin.gif
So I can now build more models
biggrin.gif
(and "HOPEFULY" start designing a few as well.)
So, I desided to test out my new printer by printing out Thunderchild's Warhawk.
biggrin.gif

(you can fnd it at:
kostenlose Science-Fiction-Kartonmodelle
Along with other great models, to include the Thunder Fighter)
I started building today. Here are some photos, for your viewing pleasure.
biggrin.gif

Thank you Thnderchild for this model.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Well Ladies and Gentlemen, and Boys ad Girls, and all assorted creatures,
here is an update on my building of the Warhawk.

The only thing that I have altered, was that I layered a piece of 1mm thick cardboard (from a cereal box) between the layers for the tail section and edged it in black. The reason for such was that I had problems with putting it together the way that it was suppose to go. I ripped the paper and could not fix it
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
. I will more then likely do the same for parts; F4, F6, F9, and F11
I also blackened the edges of the engine exhausts.

BTW TC, where do parts B5 and B6 go to? I culd not find them on the instructons?

ENJOY!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

ThunderChild

Looks like you got B6 in the right place. B6 is the top cover for the section between the main body and the tail. B4 and B5 are in the same place at the bottom, they are the engine cowling covers.
schematic for B6 is on page 1 of the instructions, and if you look at the reference pics at the bottom of instructions page 2, You'll notice B4 and B5 hide the engines. Sorry, only now noticed I never included the part numbers there...

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
TC, no problems. I just looked at it and see where they go. I will attach them when I start working on it again.
I wonderig about those parts and hoped that I did not have "extra" parts (which I hate).
Thank you again for the help.
BTW, I hope you mind the little alteration that I did.

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Well Ladies and gentlemen, I am finally finished!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

It is a GREAT model. I did enjoy building it. There were a few minor problems (but those were of the builders' lack of experience with small parts). I was going to build it with the landing claws deployed, but I was having problems with the small parts. I also used the alternate parts (the easy ones) for the wings (due to time constraints).
Once I get better, I might tackle this one again and build it with the landing claws deployed.

I hope you enjoyed this build thread.

Thank you once again for this WONDEFUL model Thunderchild.
You did a FANTASTIC job on it.
I greatly enjoyed th blast from te past.

ThunderChild

Thanks for the praise buddy, but you deserve applause for taking on what was, even for me, a most difficult model to build. Congrats! Thanks for sharing the build! :D

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Thank you for the kind words.
I did enjoy building tis model. It was fun.
I do have say, even though I have been making card models for well over 20 years, they were (up until recently) all scratch built and were very crude and simple and did not have much in detail. Since I have join this forum (as well as papermodelers) I have learned so much in such a little time and I owe it all to very wonderful people like you.