"Thunderbirds" Tracy Island

Gummitale

attachment.php

I just recently came across this picture of what is apparently a Japanese card model kit of Tracy Island from "Thunderbirds." It's some 20 inches wide, and it also comes with paper Thunderbird vehicles. Supposedly, it's due out at the end of July. That's all I know about it. Does anyone out there know anything about this kit?

Gummitale

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I wonder what part of the Island did Tin Tin do those selfies in! Boy, she grew up fast.

Your posting of it is the first I've heard. It will probably cost a fortune, and it's availability in the U.S. dubious. We just don't count for anything but protecting the world from itself anymore, (along with numerous other countries, who populous does not seem to be able to get these models either).

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
That would look amazing, with TB 1-5, (ok, 5 might be a bit of a problem :)) in various stages of launch! If you're not expecting it in the US the chances of it coming to SA are below 0.... :(

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
never really got to see the thunderbirds when growing up, or the new movie. I would like to start in on this, along with Gary Pilsworth's models of them. it looks kinda neat.

Gummitale

OK, gang! I've finally got some more information about this papercraft 'Tracy Island.' It appears to be a Japanese card-modeling book of some 72 pages. It includes the entire island and base, all three main buildings (the Tracy Villa, the Cliff House and the Round House), all five Thunderbird vehicles, and even miniature launch-bay interiors. It's now on sale at eBay US with an expected release date of July 31st. Retails at just under $57 US, plus shipping.

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
I would love one, but the USD-ZAR exchange rate is not good. Currently 13-1, wait, 14-1. Wait, 15-1.... you get the idea.... :sadno::sadno:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Don't forget to scan it, and build the scan. No need in destroying a possible "collector" book. You could also upload it to one of those pirate sites that none of us visit, so we couldn't get a copy.
:biggrin:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
YAY! I'm so looking forward to seeing the quality and the mini TBs. :)