Three more releases

DeWayne

Jan 18, 2004
Kentucky, USA
www.teuton.org
Good morning,
We are pleased to announce the release of three models this morning, all in 1:50-scale

Hughes H1B Racer (00-Hughes-H-1B-01) This is the aircraft featured in the award wining movie, "The Aviator". A form of his kit was used as a priemium for those who purchased tickets to the movie in Poland. A model that will enhance any collection.

Macchi Mc-200 "Saetta" (00-mc-200-01) As used on the Eastern Front in Ukraine December, 1942.

Macchi Mc-200 "Saetta" (00-mc-200-02) As used in Greece, 1942.

Just to update those looking for Italian aircraft, there will be an upcoming release of the SM-79 in Italian livery.

All models available for delivery this afternoon (provided we have not lost power to the pending ice storm).

http://www.teuton.org/dbarnett

Thank you,
DeWayne

Providing the widest access possible to our models. No need to upgrade unless you want to!

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

I would have posted this in the first impressions but its a bit late once its more than half built :lol:

Bought the Macchi MC-200 Saetta in the eastern front colours.
Designed by Marek and offered out by DeWayne, love the look to the new site. Well done mate.

I have got just over half way with this in one night.
It has a cockpit with some detail to it, great for a 1/50 plane I think anyway.
The colours to this kit do catch the eye

The instructions diagrams are good and it all fits like a glove so far. This I must say makes for an easy build.

I will finish this tomorrow and post a few phot's then

For me this is a kit worth having, I would say give DeWaynes site a visit he has some very good kits on offer at very good rates

More tomorrow

Rob

NOBI

Jan 15, 2004
Bangkok, Thailand
Hi Rob,

very impressive of your build's speed. That Saeta is butt type or connection strip? almost marek's model is in butt type and i think u convert butt into strip before build :)

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Nobi

Your are right mate it is a butt construction and I do convert all butt construction models to strip, I like them that way :lol:

I'am not to good with planes and find this method easy for me as I can match up each part as I go.
Nothing wrong with butt construction I just like doing them with strips.
I should have the finished photo's of this tonight and then on to the next :roll:

Later

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
What?? You're "not good with planes"??? :?

Oh, I beg to disagree, mate...you are fantastic with your plane builds! I only wish I had half of the outstanding results you do.

Just a quick question...when you use strips, do you color them first, because I'll be a monkey's uncle if I can see any seams in this construction. :shock:

Looking forward to more photos when you can, she is looking awesome. :D

Cheers!

Jim

NOBI

Jan 15, 2004
Bangkok, Thailand
Hi Rob,

u r very good at assemble...anything u assemble is very good looking :) i hope i can assemble as good as your...

what's next project? :D

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

I should have posted the finished photo's of this a while ago, I think old age is starting to get a grip me :lol:

This plane is easy to build and I think looks very good and colourful when done, the kids love it.
I have had a shot a taking some bits of this to 1/33 and I think with a tweak here and there it will go to that scale fine. Hours of fun for $2.00 way to go DeWayne.
He even lets you know when you have over paid as I have done twice now, told you the old mind is going :lol:
The bottom line is its more than worth the money, even more so if your in the UK or EU with the exchange rate as it is :shock:

Get it and have fun

Rob

PS Some will note that the metal rod by the wing tip is missing, this has been left off as kids will play with this and its not worth the risk. They will eat anything :roll:

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Sorry Jim

Missed the answer to the question off :roll:

The only bits that had any kind of colouring used are the props, black marker pen.
Nothing else has been touched, its just as it was when it was cut out of the card, it fitted that good :D

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Awesome, Rob! :D

Me thinks it's not just the great design of this kit but also the superb craftsmanship of its builder that resulted in such a fine fitting kit!

Great shots, a beautiful plane...and you're right; so reasonably priced. These are great little kits!

Cheers!

Jim

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
Cool build Rob!!

My wife got me a copy of The Aviator for Farther's Day. I've got to order that model today!

Oh if you haven't seen the movie............it really is worth a look see. I've kind of been a fan of Mr. Hughes and I think this was a very very good representation of a great man who had a problem.

john