Thought you might like to know

shamus

Registered Member
Hi all,
Some of you may already know I was a professional harmonica player way back in the 1950-75. I have just uploaded an mp3 file (1.8meg) it is one of my Radio Broadcasts from the 1960’s with the BBC Symphony Orchestra. The tune is called “No Limit” and is quite a fast and intriguing piece to play.
Just click the photo.
May take a while to upload unless you are using broadband like I am.
Let me know what you think.

Shamus (Paul)

Woodie

how to get Shamus playing

If you have your browser set up correctly, it should commence playing pretty well immediately when you click on the pic ("streaming audio"). Windows Media Player should (and does, for me) automatically start. If not, then check your "file associations" in "control panel" to relate mp3 files to Windows Media Player.

If you are not sure how to do this, don't worry, an alternative is to just "right click" on the pic and select "save target as..". A window will pop up and specify a folder/filename and it will download into that file/folder. Then open Windows Media Player and "open" the downloaded file. You may be prompted with the option "do you wish to open this file" when the download completes. click "yes" if presented with this option. If it doesn't work correctly, let me know what the message you get is, and I'll help sort it out for you.

Shamus,
It's very Arthur Asky!! with a bit of Spike Milligan or even Noel Coward thrown in!! (I was just waiting for the ditties!! ......... and how very very very BBC of the era!! Love it! :D

music

Paul, you are a man of many talents. That was beautiful. I love music, but with my talent, I have trouble playing the radio. LOL I clicked on the picture and had music in a matter of seconds.

Lynn

Originally posted by shamus
Hi all,
Some of you may already know I was a professional harmonica player way back in the 1950-75. I have just uploaded an mp3 file (1.8meg) it is one of my Radio Broadcasts from the 1960’s with the BBC Symphony Orchestra. The tune is called “No Limit” and is quite a fast and intriguing piece to play.
Just click the photo.
May take a while to upload unless you are using broadband like I am.
Let me know what you think.

Shamus (Paul)

Very nice Paul,

It only took a few minutes at 56k.

Now if only The Gauge played that type of music, in the back ground, while we read the posts!!

Drew