Thought I ought to Introduce Myself

Nick R.

The Rock
Jan 10, 2007
Wisconsin
Hello everyone!

Figured I ought to introduce msyelf.

I've been in some form of model railroading or another as long back as I can remember. My Dad and I have been talking trains since I was born. Since I grew up in the Milwaukee area I'm a pretty big Milwaukee Road, CNW, SOO LINE, and Wisconsin Central fan. However my favorite road is the Rock Island.

I've have a 2' x 7' (HO scale) city module now for several years and just recently decided to get to scenicing it.
100_1198.jpg

It has several different elevation levels, etc...
100_1209.jpg

As I'm sure is the case with many members here, just one scale isn't good enough. I also have some G scale narrow gauge as well as ON30. However the other scale I'm into is "Live Steam" or "U" scale. It's 1.5 scale or about 1/8 live size.

This is a picture of the now close to 30 yr old SP 10 wheeler. My Dad and I also have build two SW-1's and a narrow guage plymouth as well as several peices of rolling stock.

100_0901.jpg

100_0885.jpg

Here's a picture of the 2372 pulling a consist of cars my dad and I built. My dad is on the last car, our good friend is running the locomotive.

100_0999.jpg

I'm really looking forward to my time here at The-Guage and hope to be able to share as much knowledge as I've already picked up from some of the members here.

-Nick

Seaboard

Dec 14, 2006
Conyers GA.
Welcome to the gauge Nick,:wave: Nice start on your layout. Hope to see more progress on it.
And I would just love to get a ride on that train.

Nick R.

The Rock
Jan 10, 2007
Wisconsin
Ralph said:
Cool stuff Nick! Good luck with the module..looking forward to more! Where's that outdoor railroad?
Ralph

I'm a member of the Milwaukee Light Engineer Society which has a club park out in the town of Jackson (about 15-20 min north of Milwaukee). There's also a club up near you that I usually visit once or twice a year in Hudson, WI just across from the Twin Cities.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Nick:wave:, GLAD to see another Wisconsinite on the forum!:thumb: WOW!:eek: your really into some neat stuff!:thumb: i am looking forward to seeing the progress on your module;). NICE PICS!, THANKS!:D -Deano

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Welcome, Nick:wave: Looking forward to the progress on that module:thumb:

I'd comment on the 1 1/2" scale stuff but there's enough in the hobby that provokes me to envy as it is...sigh...:D

Nick R.

The Rock
Jan 10, 2007
Wisconsin
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. If you want to see any more pics of the 1.5" scale stuff let me know, I'd be more than happy to upload. The module has really been at a stand still due to working on the big stuff, college, moving, first job etc... but I'm really looking forward to getting going on it again.