Thomas the Tank Engine

armchair

Jun 20, 2008
Yuma, AZ
Tom Tank

I don't now but would like to get one or two to excite the kids. My 4'x4' layout is designed to fit in the back of an SUV and take to schools, clubs, etc. Most modelers may not like to see them run but the general public doesn't count rivets so I am going with different "cute" engines to surprise and excite the public. Also I just like to see trains run and Thomas is a train. My club friend hates him though.

Armchair

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Thomas Modeler
Sep 30, 2008
Well, overall they're good models and should give you many years of running. The couplings are reliable too, even if they lose the springs. The same cannot be said for model knuckle couplers. Heh. You might want to try rigging up some of your H0-scale rolling stock with tiny hooks (which may be easily fashioned from cut-up paper clips) and get some miniature chain. That way you can couple them to the Bachmann Thomas engines, should you wish to do so. Anyway, Thomas, Annie, and Clarabel should provide both an interesting sight and a good passenger service for your setup.

phoneguy

May 16, 2005
Grand Blanc,Mi
I have a Thomas with Annie and Clarebelle. I've installed a Digitrax decoder so I can run it on my Dcc layout. The grand kids love to watch my Reading T1 with Tsunami sound decoder run. They ring the bell and blow the whistle. But they always want to see Thomas before they leave.

Wayne

Doctor G

Sep 1, 2008
Clarksville, Tennessee
Here's the whole gang.

This was a fun build for me. It is a scratchbuilt Tidmouth Sheds (from illustrations in the original books) and is part of an Island of Sodor display on the Lionel layout at our local museum.

The museum provided the locomotives and the kids love seeing Thomas.

Doc Tom:mrgreen:

Attachments

• Thomas.jpg
    Thomas.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 11