Tholian Webspinner

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by col. kurtz, Feb 27, 2008.

1. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

Hi Guys Just Finished Building Scott K"s Tholian Webspinner Paper Model(from The Old Smartgroups Paper Models).scott Hasa Revised The Model And Was Kind Enough To Send Me It Its Also Includes The Ss Aurora Parts If You Fancy Buildit Too (which I Will Next I Think) Thanks Scott !!!!
    Hers Some Photos Of The Webspinner

Attached Files:

2. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Nice job, Col. Kurtz! And you're welcome, glad to see one built! I had one built myself, but it didn't survive an encounter with one of our cats (a Kzin in disguise, I wonder? :rolleyes:)

Scott K.
  3. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

thanks scott i scaled it down to half the size you designed it in but it was a easy good build
    i look forward to seeing another design from you and eyeball engineering:thumb:
  4. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Cool, another Star Trek model. Nice job Col. What size is it?
  5. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Half scale, huh? I didn't notice before, but I see it now. Must be my Eyeball is out of calibration again :rolleyes:. Hmmm, wonder how far down I'd have to scale it to match one of the Enterprise kits out there? Time to dig out my references again...

Scott K.
  6. Gearz

Gearz Member

Nice build col. kurtz, I scaled my build down as well ?, about 75% ( thanks to software + printing problems :curse:) Slightly OT.. but I'd recommend giving Scott's Bender Robot a go as well.. He's a hoot and fun to build..!

Hey Scott.. I didn't get those Prism Parts with the Aurora..? that version avaialble..?

:mrgreen:
  7. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

thanx guys. jo it measures in at 3 3/4 inches scott i was thiinking that two,2 ships spinning a web around a constitution class ship....that would look good fancy working on that project together scott :twisted:
  8. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Gearz; Prism parts? Do you mean the Tholian logo in the background? It's not part of the kit, Col. Kurtz added that. I found a good image of it (and others) here; testsite I'll have to put one in there somewhere, I suppose.

Col. Kurtz; Work on the project together? What did you have in mind?

Scott K.
  9. Gearz

Gearz Member

lol .. sorry Scott, from one of the build pics, i thought the logo was a prepped part for the model.. Duuuuurrrrrrrhhh

Excellent Site !! ~ I'd better go and do a spot of ST recognition training..:oops:
  10. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

yer sorry gearz i downloaded that base from the site scott has mentioned ive also just finished another base for the webspinner here it is for antone who may want it im about to start another build but a diorama with two spinners ill update in the next couple of days been working on a couple of ideas for it one including a constitution ship:twisted:

Attached Files:

11. Gearz

Gearz Member

Thanks col. kurtz! I love bases and looking forward to your project... You got to love multiple models ( of the same type) You don't often see military / para-military hardware, strolling around by itself, so it gives a ...err.. 'Organised Force' feel to a display.

:thumb: