tholian web spinner build and model sheet

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
thanks! I just get so sick of the whole 'piracy and mods are wrong'' issues people obsess on. yeah, artists have rights. charge a buck for it then and no one can touch it. I wish someone like legalo1 or rawen would clean up my models and repost them. I would be proud to see my stuff being used. put a few extras on, as long as its not derogatory I don't care. now with permission needed to host or modify ''free models'' I just put that on there. its easier. I feel for these guys who are pirated. yeah that really sucks. and maybe with the mods issue is to post the original along with the mods. then the artist gets full credit for the thing. its always bothered me and I have been told to shut up about it many times. free is free as far as im concerned. I would pay 10 cents a model for a subscription for what is now a free model site. just to keep things honest. I would have to wait a little longer between downloads, but patience is a virtue. thank god for all the givers out there, I would never have been able to start this hobby if it weren't for free models. and I curse the pirates who profiteer on the artists! P-tooie!

spaceagent-9

now I get your joke!!! lol!! I would use a super bright yellow led, with a clearish soda straw. maybe reflective tape for the background. reflective tape is great on paper models

spaceagent-9

that's stuffs awesome. black light makes it do that or just regular light? funny I never thought of that I used to live at a huge fishing town.

spaceagent-9

UV leds will probably work real good. what colors do they come in? can you send some more pics to lins thread please? im sure she could us that stuff!

DJPinter

Trusted Confidant
I haven't used fishing line in a model, nor have any on hand, but here's an Amazon search page with some.

Here's an idea Make a pinhole in the nose of two ships. Insert and glue some fishing line through the hole. Glue a UV LED inside the ship with a AA battery and switch. Flip the switch and you've got a glowing line between the ships.

You could even use the fishing line on TRON vehicles.

Last edited:

DJPinter

Trusted Confidant
Check out these cool sculptures made with fishing line.
Sub_Ogle_fan_dimensions_variable_fluorescent_fishing_line,_ultraviolet_light,_fan_2011.jpg

Sub_Ogle_08003_dimensions_variable_fluorescent_fishing_line_and_ultraviolet_light_2010.jpg

temp_file_Sub_Ogle_08005_dimensions_variable_fluorescent_fishing_line_and_ultraviolet_light_20111.jpg

Last edited: