This week

jimmybeersa

May 14, 2001
Alberton . South Africa
This week I made a Mountain and planted some trees and painted the sky Now I know what God felt like after his first week creating the world....tired

Attachments

• mountain base.jpg
    mountain base.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 239

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
It's great to see your progress Jimmy. Now that the celebrations for your 50th anniversary are over you can get back to the layout.
Those mountains look just like the real thing.

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Jim I have to agree with everyone else it, looks super! Chris hit the nail on the head when he said the color was right on. Hope everything is going well with you and your family, my best Pat.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Originally posted by jimmybeersa
Hey Guys....concerning the colour Here in SA our mountains are like I have made but I had reservations about the colour for North American logging scene , any comments?

It looks "dead on" for the Rockies, or California. I'm not sure about the Pacific Northwest, but I think the trees are much thicker in Oregon and Washington. The country around the Coast Redwoods in extreme Northern California around Eureka is much wetter. The forrests are much more dense, and if my memory is correct, the dirt is more brownish grey with a lot of green ferns and moss on the ground and rocks.