This ones for Catt

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Here's your structure my friend, all ready and waiting for some deliveries from the GVR.
Here the first

Shamus

Attachments

• catt.jpg
    catt.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 121

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi,
It's an actual prototype in the US, just happened to see it on a website one day and said"Got to make me one of these", no, there ain't a wheel as it is a motorized unit.

shamus

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Shamus,
I fell in love with the swayback timberbuilt oldtime engineer dreamed-up structures over 30 yrs ago. The style was depicted in the 70's MR which was shown to me then for the first time.
It was what brought me back into active modelling.
Also engineer dreamed-up motive power like your "Cab forward flat" :) and galloping goose thingies and the vertical boilered shays..... every one of them a gem lending character and pride to the railroad.
You have done superb justice to all these things and you are rightly proud of them (I'm drooling again!).

Catt, see how good we British are to you Americans? :D :D

Errol

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Right after I posted that last message, I looked up a picture of my son where he's "posing" next to one of his favorite Thomas the Tank Engine locos, Stepney. Every nation's locos have their own flavor (even those made in one country and sold to another take on a whole new personality in their new home).

One of the things that strikes me about British steam locomotives is that they are rather more "ornate" than most American locos. I guess it was a symbol of pride for the British to have powerful, versatile locomotives that were actually appealing to look at. American locomotives tend to be more...utilitarian: "no time or money for frills...we gotta get this job done because it needs to be done." The British locos seem to say, "Hey, we're British, we RULE THE WORLD, look in awe at our mighty industrial infrastructure!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Well, maybe without the "BWHAHAHAHAHA" part.

Anyway, I really like the look of British steam.

See, we Americans can say nice things about the British, too! :)

Here's a page about Stepney! http://www.bluebell-railway.co.uk/bluebell/pics/stepney.html

C

Catt

So thats what I'd look like if I were a building Actually I do look like that.:D:D I love it Shamus ,but the delivery would actually come from the MAT since Robin and I have placed you in Canada.