This is for TYSON

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
I liked your photo so much, I added a backscene to it for you, hope you like it.
Shamus

Attachments

• tyson2.jpg
    tyson2.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 127

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
If you want to play around with your own backscene, here the photo cut out.

Shamus

Attachments

• tyson.jpg
    tyson.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 127

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Or maybe it's a ghost town, comes to life once a year.

Shamus

Attachments

• t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 108

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
You guys are unbelievable. I just got an Olympus C700, but I don't think I'll ever be able to do what you guys do. I shot a card full of photos at auto setting, now have to read how to use all the other functions...manual sure isn't laid out to clearly...similar to Digitrax manuals!

Gary

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Gary,
My camera is an Olympus C700 ultra zoom, if you need help with yours "SHOUT".
In the meantime, try this.

On the Olympus C700, rotate the dial to A/S/M
Now power up the camera – press OK button (in the middle)
Press right button next to the OK button for “MODE MENU” PRESS RIGHT BUTTON AGAIN. (New screen)
ISO set it to 100 (press ok) move down and set A/S/M TO “A” (press ok)
Press left button next to “ok” to go back.
Press bottom button then right button for Picture and set that to “SHQ” (press ok)
Go down to the bottom for “SETUP”
Press right button next to “OK” for custom
All the way to the bottom and press “Custom”
Set Fno to f8 and move down one and set shutter speed to 1/30 press left button twice
To go back to normal screen then press OK to quit.

Camera is now set up for indoor photo shooting using good lighting, if you just want to take a photo outdoors, move the dial to AUTO and take pictures, for your railroad stuff, move the dial back to A/S/M --- There are loads more settings you can use, but lets try this first.

Shamus

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
I'm moonstruck (again)

Shamus, Tyson,

Your photo merging results are absolutely stunning!!
Of course the original modelling/photo by you Tyson is so fantasticaly realistic it lends itself to all manner of backgrounds, congratulations my friend.

Using computers in such a manner could become a hobby in itself, the mind boggles at the possibilities.

My hat is off to you two whiz kids! :) :)

Errol

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Gary when it comes to "doctoring" the photo it's the software not the camera. Software that will let you layer and erase will really speed things up. The photo I already posted here and this one (keeping with Paul's western theme, I used a Dakota Badlands photo) are only 2 layers and can be done in about 10 minutes. Kettlestack thank you for the nice words about my original photo that we are using. :D

Attachments

• bad.jpg
    bad.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 97

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Playing with Tyson's Picture

Hope that Tyson doesn't mind me playing with his photo when he's not around:D :D

Looks like there's fixing to be a "Gullywasher" :D Done with Airbrush.

Attachments

• tyson2.jpg
    tyson2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 85

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Shamus, Thanks for your offer to help. I wasn't having much luck finding the info you gave me in the instructions. I was able to follow the steps you gave until I got to the custom button. I can not find the options to set F stop and shutter speed. Choices displayed are: AE lock, Info, ISO, A/S/M, Slow, Digital zoom, Fulltime AF, Mic (?), Function, a symbol I don't recognize, and WB. And all I can seem to do is toggle between these choices. On the bottom of the screen it shows G0>OK. When I press the OK I get a screen with options for Shortcut and Custom button. If I press custom button I'm back where I started. I would think I'm missing something simple, it can't be that dificult to use! I will keep looking thru the manual for awhile and check back here later. Thank you so much.

Tyson, I understand that the software is where you play with special effects, but from the above you can see it will be a long while before I even attempt that sort of thing!

Gary

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Here's my final one, but somehow the SKY doesn't seem quite right.
Shamus

Attachments

• ty.jpg
    ty.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 70