Thinking outside the box, Tackle box that is!!

Goattee

Feb 12, 2004
Walls, MS
Visit site
I happened upon as I was rigging a fishing rod for my grandson.
I thought these pretty round bobbers (floats, corks) should be good for something on the railroad.
The next tine I was at Bass-Pro I picked up an assortment.
The sizes I got are from left to right, 2 1/2”, 2”,1 1/2”, 1 1/4”, 3/4”, 1/2”.
If you are as old as me you probably have plenty of medicine bottles just aching to be used.
The 2 1/2” might be close to the size of one of them round tanks that has the spiral ladders for “N” gauge.
You get the Idea.

Attachments

• P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 9
  • P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 9
  • P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 9

Mountain Man

Jan 19, 2007
Or mount one a plastic tube and it could become a modern municipal water tank. :cool:

One man's junk is a modeler's inspiration.

Trivia for the day: sometime when you're bored or curious, take a good look at the Imperial battlecruisers in the Star Wars films and count the recognizable parts from armor kits and assorted plastic "stuff" that you can pick out. You will be surprised.

Mountain Man

Jan 19, 2007
That's a standard SF modellers' technique (or was, back when movies used physical models). They called it "greebling".

I used to do it when I was afantasy modeler, and it was referred to as "unlimited scratchbuilding, more commonly known as "anything goes".

<any years ago there was a Fantasy Modeling magazine that unfortunately only lasted a year - 6 issues - which devoted entire articles to making almost anything out of almost anything else. I still have my six issues, and they remain a source of inspiration.

L

lester perry

I can relate to one thing in your original post
" If you are as old as me you probably have plenty of medicine bottles just aching to be used. " too many of them. Oh yeah great Idea.
Les