Think Jays Galactica is lonely, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
I know what you mean. When I built my Olympic Carrier, it cost me around £120+GBP to build. That was 3' long. Now for me to have the same size ship again only in paper, it'll cost what? £20GBP?? That's mostly for the ink to!! It's still a cheaper option though and they'll look good with those textures even up close.

This is the great thing, cut, glue display. No measuring, no filling, no sanding AND no painting! LOL

sjsquirrel

Feb 9, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
stevebondy.ca
3 feet and?

Okay, I'll stick with the 3 foot size for now, then maybe shrink it down to half that for the alternate size.

I just had a look at the defender and there are only a few very minor intersections. I will break the mesh up into subobjects (right now it comes into Meta as a singe large object) and send it to you.

Also, for what it's worth, I was having constant crashes in Pepekura 2 while unfolding the Colonial Liner. I went to their website and downloaded the latest version (2.16), and I haven't had a single crash since. I still save often just in case - but I though I'd let you guys know.

SJ

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Thanks for the heads up. Though I can't save so I tend to use the new version for small projects. Or opening up a PDO and using the new version for the high res parts it gives, then exporting them into a PDF.

I'm almost done with the Heavy Raider now, I'm confident it will be ready for you guys later today. :) I look forward to getting the Defender. I see it as being a fairly quick unfold.

I've been thinking about the liner's size too. I think 3' may be too big as I'd like to have my Galactica and Pegasus at 3'. Also there're 5 liners and 5 of them at 3' would take up some space. I thought of maybe 20-24"??

What do you think??

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Sure! Just let me do it and I'll get it to you.

Also, I've done the Cylon Heavy Raider!! I'm having a spot of bother uploading it though so bare with me.

Nothing

Longtime Member
Sep 13, 2006
yankee44.webs.com
sorry skupilkinson having trouble suddenly with the attachment uploading.
until it is back up and working i would by happy to provide skupilkinson's heavy raider with or without lines just shoot me a pm!:wave:

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Not a problem. :) Silly me for not thinking of it really. There's also now a "no-lines" version of the Heavy Raider.

I sent both the No-line Shuttle and the Heavy Raider files to Nothing to upload here. For some reason I couldn't.

The Heavy Raider is a 9 page PDF. Though it's not a huge model, should be around the 9-10" mark. I've numbered and labelled all the parts, I also added little assembly notes to try and simplify the build for you all. Some of the parts may appear to be wrong somehow Particularly 2&3 I think. They're not, I added the reference pics that SJ did for me to help you here:
View attachment Heavy Raider Model.zip
SJ did a fine job of cleaning this one up for us all as the mesh was quite a mess in it's original form.

So I hope you enjoy them, and somebody build one soon as I'm dying to see them built! *hint hint* sign1

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
That's weird. It's been playing up for me all day! I actually had the Heavy Raider finished by around 1pm this afternoon!!

So, Nothing, which one are you building first?? Or are you holding off until you've finished other projects?? ;)

Nothing

Longtime Member
Sep 13, 2006
yankee44.webs.com
actually the centurion will be a lengthy project, the dalek i just need to test build, but i think ill go ahead and start the heavy raider! sometimes i need a break and build something!

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Great!! So you'll have some finished pics for us in an hour then!! You do build 'em fast. LOL! Just kidding, 2 hrs!

Nothing

Longtime Member
Sep 13, 2006
yankee44.webs.com
file upload is not working. skupilkinson uses dial up. i use RR. for now if you whant the raider you need to pm me. it is easier for me send with broadband as it is quick.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Sorry about that guys. I'll try to upload it myself again later to take the pressure off Nothing(if there is any). I know it's nicer to just be able to download something rather than PM someone then wait for it.

Nothing

Longtime Member
Sep 13, 2006
yankee44.webs.com
its no problem for me.:thumb:its just so people can get it now until we figure out whats up with the upload problem. i keep trying myself but still wont work

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Ok. As long as you're sure. Maybe we should try uploading them to the downloads setcion?? The Shuttle is there already.

An idea??

Nothing

Longtime Member
Sep 13, 2006
yankee44.webs.com
just tried that. i think it has to do with the file itself because i just uploded my tricorder to the download section.then tried the raider and it failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.