Think Jays Galactica is lonely, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick65

Jul 13, 2012
Newark, Ohio
W-o-w!!!

Those new pics are awesome.:yep: I like all the attention to detail, cant wait to see how the cockpit turns out. Keep up the fantastic work. Rick

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Thank you! Stay tuned for the updates... A Raptor over Germany!! :twisted::twisted::twisted:

arkon

Aug 22, 2011
texas
cant wait for the raptor! could not find it on jays box of toys ...said file not found. hope to build yours soon!!

Z

Zathros

I am uploading JayBats Colonial Raptor in this thread for a short while. His website says as long as it is a FREE distribution, he authorizes it. I am not putting it the downloads section, this way, anyone can download it from here. If anyone has a problem with this, tough. He authorized it and it plainly states so on his website. If he wants it removed, it will be gone. It appears many of his models cannot be downloaded. This models remain his. :)

Attachments

• 021colonialraptor.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 81

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Thank you, Zathros! BTW, the parts pages of the new Raptor are ready. I am now working on the assembly instructions. As soon as they are ready you'll get a Raptor in four different colour schemes. The Assault Raptor and the cockpit interior may take a while though.

mcusanelli

Feb 26, 2008
Wow that's fast work! I can't wait to build this, such a cool ship, and as always, thanks so much for sharing your hard work with us!
Mike

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Raptor over Germany

Hello, folks! :wave:

Here are the first pics of the Raptor over Germany. There was no compositing involved in these shots; everything was done in the camera. Digital magic was only required to make the hot-shot pilot invisible to protect his privacy. .... Well, not really. He just didn't have clearance for German airspace. (Please don't tell anybody! :mrgreen:)

I used the lit engine templates to create the illusion of a working thruster (third pic). :twisted:

Attachments

• raptor-flying01.jpg
    raptor-flying01.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 31
  • raptor-flying02.jpg
    raptor-flying02.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 24
  • raptor-flying03.jpg
    raptor-flying03.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 31

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Remember Starbuck's approach on the algae planet? Here it is again from a different perspective :) .

Attachments

• raptor-flying04.jpg
    raptor-flying04.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 28
  • raptor-flying05.jpg
    raptor-flying05.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 35
  • raptor-flying06.jpg
    raptor-flying06.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 28

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
And Dualla's Take-Off to rescue the team at the temple. She almost hit me!

Attachments

• raptor-flying07.jpg
    raptor-flying07.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 27
  • raptor-flying08.jpg
    raptor-flying08.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 20

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Some beauty shots. I added six little red glitter stones to simulate the bottom lights. They sparkle when light falls on them.

raptor-flying09.jpgraptor-flying10.jpgraptor-flying11.jpgraptor-flying12.jpg

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Galactica meets Earth technology! The helicopter in the background is an artwork and is made of wood in 1:1 scale. Forced perspective gives the illusion that the Raptor is circling around it.

Attachments

• raptor-flying13.jpg
    raptor-flying13.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 38
  • raptor-flying14.jpg
    raptor-flying14.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 36
  • raptor-flying15.jpg
    raptor-flying15.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 30
  • raptor-flying16.jpg
    raptor-flying16.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 28
  • raptor-flying17.jpg
    raptor-flying17.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 27

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
A funny thing occured during the shooting. A retired photo lab owner (whose son sold me the camera I'm using) came by and was very amused. He hadn't seen a Raptor before and thought I was photographing a flying roaster with its legs up!
sign1

The assembly instructions and parts pages for the regular version and a grey version are ready. I am now working on the other recolours, a red medEVAC version and a green version from "The Plan". Once these are finished, the files will be available in the BSG downloads section for everyone to enjoy. And as you know me I have revised the texture and details from bow to stern. The basic kits will feature more (and authentic) "decals" and a complete landing gear including the front foot (with original ZOIC texture) which was sorely missed on the original CG model. Stay tuned! :wave:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
These are FAN(FRAKKING)TASTIC!!! The prospective shots are GREAT!!! You are an AMAZING photographer.
I am looking forward to seeing all of the different variants.

sjsquirrel

Feb 9, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
stevebondy.ca
Hello, folks! :wave:

Here are the first pics of the Raptor over Germany. There was no compositing involved in these shots; everything was done in the camera. Digital magic was only required to make the hot-shot pilot invisible to protect his privacy. .... Well, not really. He just didn't have clearance for German airspace. (Please don't tell anybody! :mrgreen:)

I used the lit engine templates to create the illusion of a working thruster (third pic). :twisted:

Fantastic work, and fantastic shots RF. I especially love the ones with the helicopter. What camera do you have that lets you do all this? I want to buy a new camera one of these days.

Steve

Z

Zathros

Yeah, I would like to be let in on he does this too. I'll make the thread a "Sticky". This is great stuff! :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Thank you all! 'm glad you like it (even though it is the standard version without cockpit interior :p ).

To Zathros: Thanks a lot! Credits and kudos go to the ones who have started this thread (sjsquirrel, nothing, skupilkinson and and and ....) and to the creators of the BSG ship pack (without them we wouldn't have got these beautiful models!). :thumb:

To Steve: I'm using a Fuji FinePix S2950 with 18x zoom. It is a superb little digital camera which serves me very well. It stands right between a pocket camery and an SLR. The macro function is better than many of the SLRs I tried lately (I have beautiful flower and insects shots). Of course you have to ensure that the scenery is appropriately lit (light is everything). Shots inside the house are sometimes a bit grainy and dark (even with flash), but that's a problem all digital cameras have (okay, I often take pics for my instructions when I have time for it, which means VEEERY LATE in the evening when everything else is dark, too..! :mrgreen:). I don't want to miss this camera; it was worth any Cent. (BTW, it is great, too, when you are on vacation!) I mainly use Windows Live Photo Gallery for lightening up the dark spots.

As for SLRs I can recommend the Canon EOS 1000D. It is the best camera I have tried so far. It came with a tele (30mm) which makes terrific close-ups of birds.

To RB: Thanks a lot! Such comments encourage me to make more pics like them.

To TC: Yeah, that was quite a challenge! Sometimes I had to be careful not to fling the camera through the air instead of the Raptor..!
sign1

TO ALL: The Raptor files are ready! I have sent everything to RB for adding them to the BSG downloads section so that all of you can enjoy them. Stay tuned! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.