Think Jays Galactica is lonely, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danscrew

Danscrew
Ho ! wow :eek: Revell Fan.............Your hangar bay is stuning. That's what I need for display my viper.

Great gob ! :thumb:

Have a nice lifè
So say we all

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
:mrgreen: I'll be looking forward to the landram. It's one of my favourite sci-fi vehicles.
It's coming soon, I promise! Please be patient, I have so little time and so much to do. I'm preparing the parts for a new Thunderfighter package (cockpit interior and landing gear) and will then finish the blaster. The Landram will be the third in the row (I am still tweaking the turret..!).

Z

Zathros

Gentleman, you can place files in the threads, but in the long run, it will make it impossible for other people to find. This was why when I came aboard, I changed a few things and it has worked it really well. All files that were in this thread are now in the downloads section. They also remain in this threads, no poblemo. If you cannot get a file into the download section, let me know, and I will get it in there for you with my new found powers of file "stuffage" I have been able to load files I did not realize I was able to. I will also work with you on how you want the final outcome to look. I can still edit the uploaded files, Revelle Fan, especially if my spelling is off, sorry!)( that sounded much better in my head ). I hope I can work together with everyone to help this place run smoother, as it seems pretty smooth to me, lately. I believe it you guys that are doing than too. I just want to help.

I just posted this in this thread as this is where I saw the issue arise. Strictly a matter of convenience. :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you very, very much, Zathros! It's great to see all models where they belong.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Colonial Raptor approaching

Hello, again!

I felt it was time to "revive" this thread and to tell you that I am preparing a new Colonial Raptor kit from the ship pack. As you might have guessed this will not be just another unfold of a known model. This one will be in 1:32 scale and can be built in a standard version, Assault version with mini guns, rockets and missile launchers (add-on kit) and (if I can manage it) two recolours of the standard version (dark blue and red medevac version from "The Plan").

The standard version will be released first, followed by the recolours and the Assault Raptor add-on kit. Till then, enjoy the pics! :wave:

Attachments

• DSCF5590.JPG
    DSCF5590.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF5592.JPG
    DSCF5592.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF5593.JPG
    DSCF5593.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF5596.JPG
    DSCF5596.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 13
Z

Zathros

I was really hoping someone would redo this model. I built the first one and thought with better textures and a go over, this would be a first rate model. A necessary model, as it is the only one available. Beggars be not choosers! I'd love to see a model worth doing an interior for. :)

Danscrew

Danscrew
By all the gods of kobol........YES Revell-Fan............now that's a great idea you have. I love very much this model.

I did the raptor once two years ago (one of my first model build) and after I found this tread http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164914&page=1 my interest grew up for re-bulding it with details and lights just like Dnalor did with his StarWars X-Wing.

It was my next project after finishing my 3' foot Galactica.

:thumb::thumb:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
It looks like you are off to a GREAT start with this one.
I like how you designed the (absolutely useless) windscreen dome.
It looks like it will be a fairly sturdy model.
I am looking forward to building it.

Z

Zathros

It looks like you are off to a GREAT start with this one.
I like how you designed the (absolutely useless) windscreen dome.
It looks like it will be a fairly sturdy model.
I am looking forward to building it.

If I was in outer space, with that much glass in front of me, I would never take off my space suit. It makes for great viewing, but it would be terrifying. One micro meteor, and you're done! :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
By all the gods of kobol........YES Revell-Fan............now that's a great idea you have. I love very much this model.

I did the raptor once two years ago (one of my first model build) and after I found this tread http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164914&page=1 my interest grew up for re-bulding it with details and lights just like Dnalor did with his StarWars X-Wing.

It was my next project after finishing my 3' foot Galactica.

:thumb::thumb:

I know! I read your thread a few years ago and saved it. You did a tremendous job! REALLY GREAT! :thumb:

Ehm, do you still have some of your parts, layouts or anything like that which could be used to make a cockpit interior for the new one?

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First of all, sorry for the long wait but I was so involved in building the Raptor that I almost forgot posting ;-) .

Well then, here is another update on this project. The first pics show the revised engine. The original CG model had a simple flat end. I corrected this and created a recess which looks far more authentic. You will be able to build the engines with thrusters on or off.

Attachments

• DSCF5613.JPG
    DSCF5613.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF5616.JPG
    DSCF5616.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF5620.JPG
    DSCF5620.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 13

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
And here is the right tail fin. The rear antennas were missing on the CG model. You may choose to close the end of the "cocoons" as designed by the ship pack team or to leave the end open and insert some wire to create those antennas (as I did).

Attachments

• DSCF5652.JPG
    DSCF5652.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF5654.JPG
    DSCF5654.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF5655.JPG
    DSCF5655.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF5659.JPG
    DSCF5659.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF5661.JPG
    DSCF5661.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF5665.JPG
    DSCF5665.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 11

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The tail booms consist of three parts. I had to redo the unfold because the first one was not very elegant. It was buildable, however, the folding and glue lines were clearly visible. Now it looks much better.

Attachments

• DSCF5666.JPG
    DSCF5666.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF5671.JPG
    DSCF5671.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCF5673.JPG
    DSCF5673.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF5675.JPG
    DSCF5675.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCF5676.JPG
    DSCF5676.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 26

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Right tail boom, engine and fin attached to the model.

Attachments

• DSCF5685.JPG
    DSCF5685.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF5686.JPG
    DSCF5686.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF5690.JPG
    DSCF5690.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 28

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Some close-ups of the greeblies. There was no need to change anything on them. The radome looks great when assembled!

Attachments

• DSCF5698.JPG
    DSCF5698.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF5698a.JPG
    DSCF5698a.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF5696.JPG
    DSCF5696.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF5696a.JPG
    DSCF5696a.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCF5696b.JPG
    DSCF5696b.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCF5704.JPG
    DSCF5704.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 32

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
And here is a short glimpse at the things to come... Stay tuned! :wave:

Attachments

• DSCF5716.JPG
    DSCF5716.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 29

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
This looks FANTASTIC and it looks like it will be a fun build as well.
I am looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.