Think Jays Galactica is lonely, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothing

Longtime Member
thanks guys. your making me blush!

sj i completely understand. no rush. i sometimes think we get spoiled and forget that as modelers we should be able to work around simple problems.

theo

Thats true, Nothing it a shame.
Cool tube ship by the way.

I found cool images of the colonial and cylon ships on GalacticaBBS i do believe the were used for the paper models.
Perhaps the man who made them can make a nice detailed version of the Berzerk?
Perhaps someone who has better skills than I should do that, I'm new to this 3d stuf.
Just let me play for a wile, be for I'll get to the serious stuff.
For my work I only do 2d drawing (construction for buildings)
But I like test thing out, like your cannons.
There I can learn from.

An can't wait for the Celestra to show up.

Master-Bruce

Wow, where to begin. It was a busy night here lastnight eh?

Theo, sorry I was a bit rough towards you lastnight. Bad night here in the real world and you got some of the brunt of my frustration. Really sorry dude. Friends? :) Here's a pic of the Ring Ship/Rising Star. As I said I've heard it referred to as the Rising Star by many other BSG fans, though we could all be wrong. "I tend to go with what you know," Unless something "official" comes along. LOL

Rising.jpg

Because I'm dial-up, I tend to avoid videos online. I've managed to avoid most spoilers and clips. I'll wait 'til I get to see it properly.

Jaffro, we have a bunch of cool idea that I think we'll all love. Problem is the great barrier! Time. :( As well as this project, we've all got side projects, SJ and his spitfires, Nothing and his Trek models, me and the Sulaco(plus that's the short list for us all. LOL). We've been doing a lot of talking so hopefully we'll be able to bring them all to the papermodel library at some point.

Tie me up but please don't blind fold me! I'd want to watch all
the building madness! :)

Looks good Nothing! It's not the prettiest of ships but you did a fine job. Actually, there is a ship which in my opinion is uglier(?) than that. Not dissing the mesh but it's the only pic I have, though it's close to the screen version. Looks like spark plugs. LOL

Pyl.jpg

Theo, pitty about that. I think completely new textures would be in order, based on the images you posted. It'd take time but it is posible. Saying that, no doubt an new game mod will spawn from the Razor movie so there'll be new meshes out there soon and new textures. Also, the Celestra is in the Downloads section here. :)

theo

Not dissing the mesh but it's the only pic I have, though it's close to the screen version. Looks like spark plugs.
I have, lets see if I can make you happy.
I'll be back.

jaffro

Long term member
I hope you didn't take my comments the wrong way (and I'm pretty sure you didn't). :D

I'm not trying to suggest you slow down (or hurry up) or anything like that... I am in awe of you guys and the work you do (all of you, I won't mention names in case i forget someone). I wish I had the time, patience and dedication that you guys have, then I might actually get a bit further through my build queue. :p

Good point about the blindfold :D

Nothing... if that's the result you get from building a ship you don't like, I really can't wait to see your next build of a subject you DO like, cos that little tube ship looks awesome, nice work!

Gomidefilho

Wow, where to begin. It was a busy night here lastnight eh?

Theo, sorry I was a bit rough towards you lastnight. Bad night here in the real world and you got some of the brunt of my frustration. Really sorry dude. Friends? :) Here's a pic of the Ring Ship/Rising Star. As I said I've heard it referred to as the Rising Star by many other BSG fans, though we could all be wrong. "I tend to go with what you know," Unless something "official" comes along. LOL

I just knew like Ring Ship, but it is natural that the producing of TNS used that name, since a ship existed with same name in the original series. I have a model in format LWO but it is highly complex, I still intend to do a model of him but it is not project for now...

risingstar.jpg

If somebody wants the meshe orders me a private one but she is big...

Cheers!

Péricles

doc_harvey

just read page 39 of this thread...got my heart racing.....LARGE SCALE VIPERS!?!?!? with LANDING GEAR!?!?!? I'm quite literally drooling...I loved building Aaron Murphy's Viper, Jaybats' Vipers as well as Mel's re-envisioned take on a Viper (see Ebbles Miniatures Forum - Powered by XMB 1.8 Partagium Final SP3 for a look-see) Don' get me wrong....all of the models you guys have developed are nothing short of fantasmagorical! I'd be volunteering to help with beta builds, etc, but I am very preoccupied with school right now. I'm looking forward to winter break so I can start building some of these beauties! Thanks very, very much for all you've done so far.

Master-Bruce

Thanks for the thanks guys! :)

Jaffro, not at all buddy. Sometimes I think I need tieing(?) up to get me to stop jumping into every cool project I think of or that gets suggested. LOL

Yeah the Vipers idea was a brief thought I had a few weeks ago. I mentioned it to SJ and he loved the idea. We'll get to it at some point I'm sure. Don't forget I mentioned interiors too. ;)

Nothing

Longtime Member
igues ill stop working on my large viper with interior now that someone came up with the idea!sign1 id rather see sj's anyhow.

Master-Bruce

Hey Nothing. Sorry buddy I completely forgot you telling me about your Viper! I just thought it a neat thing to do with the existing mesh we have.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to steal you idea or anything.

Feel really bad now for not remembering. :(

You carry on with yours buddy. :)

hey its Jones i got email from someone that i don't know . and i was kind of upset about someone saying i said something in i didn't say anything to this guy at all. I love the work you guys do in if any one want to talk to me and not someone acting like me please email at jonesbrandonrodell@yahoo.com

Nothing

Longtime Member
woa jones havent a clue what thats about!

skip its all good im gonna shelve that one. i would rather see what sj comes up with and ive got waaaay too much working now(dalek,voyager,x4,type 11 just to name a few.)

i looked at deep exploration but you have to pay for it. i guess ill have to learn how to edit meshes in meta to fix conversion probs with truespace.
i was actually amazed how easy truespace is to pick up.

jaffro

Long term member
Just a question on the detailed vipers...

Do you guys plan to upscale and add detail to the original series viper? (the red and white one, i forget the correct name).

I grew up as a kid watching BSG religiously, and to this day I still love that series more than the new version (but I'm trying to adjust :p).

I can't help thinking that a model like this would look really good if it was coming out of a scaled, lit, launch bay, mounted on a wall. :D

Nothing

Longtime Member
right now we are concentrating on the new series stuff. but im sure eventually some old stuff will come out. i know i would like to do some myself if i can clear some of my current projects.

Master-Bruce

Nothing, Ok as long as you're Ok. ;)

There should be a 30 day trial version for DE4. It's non restricted, but after 30 days, that's it. I'll email you with details.

I like the TOS too, for nostalgia sake.

Clear some projects you say? Huh! I should be so lucky, every time I get close I think of new things to do or volunteer to work on other things. My to do list is out of control. LOL

I keep telling myself, "One at a time, one at a time." LOL

Nothing

Longtime Member
its crazy what i got on que.i cant do one at a time.when my wife is working on one computer i switch to another project on another comp. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.