Think Jays Galactica is lonely, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybats

hi,

you can do anything you wish with the mesh! texturing it using the ortho on this thread should work, since that's what i used as the background image for modelling. divide the ortho into the different planes (top, bottom, etc.) then apply it to the mesh using Meta's texturing menu. for the most part the measurements should align, then you need to tweak and refine the positioning until you are satisfied. i am unable to finish it at this time due to a lot of work commitments.

theo

Nice cannons Nothing.:thumb:

Question;
How big is the Galactica going to be?
Ore aren't that 6 A4 papers. sign1

Master-Bruce

When we do the new Galactica model, we'll be doing the same as the liner models by SJ. There'll be a 3' version, and a smaller version. Same goes for the Pegasus but they're a way off yet.

We hope to get the ships done that are currently unavailable anywhere at all. Then go back and do new versions of the ships at Jaybats' site.

We've even discussed large Viper models with landing gear and interiors!! ;)

theo

Hello Nothing,
I thought lets make your canons, as a in between.

But, I found something.
2001103735397369620_rs.jpg

Were the rails is mounted to the arm they stick true.
And the hole were the gunners house fits in.
Maby a you can make the collar behind the Gunners house.

But wen it's done I'll build it.

theo

The ring ship. It's called the Rising Star in a few episodes. :)

I found it I, now there was somting,

Space Park, arguably the easiest identifiable civilian ship due to its large ring. (No specific name has been given to the ship other than its Sci Fi Channel website reference. (A notable closeup of the ship is seen near the end of "Dirty Hands".)

Mentioned Only
Rising Star, mentioned frequently ("33", "Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down", "Colonial Day", "Scattered")

They aren't the same.
But in Razor wen the Pegasus finds civilians and a raptor and a couple vipers leave the Pegasus you see a Rising Star type ship.

Master-Bruce

Theo. Some of us haven't seen Razor yet. You're kinda spoiling it for us. :(

True, the ring ship hasn't been officially named but it is widely regarded as being named "The Rising Star". :) Otherwise I wouldn't be calling it that.

I've been a fan of this since it first aired here and have made many trips to Battlestar Wiki myself.

I'm also not alone. This image is taken from the textures for the "Ring Ship". Excuse the resolution,I had to scale this up to be readable.

Also, the name for this mesh in it's priginal form is "colrstsr1cox". "Col" as in Colonial, "rstr" as in Rising Star. "Cox" stands for Coxxon, the guy who did these meshes we're using.

Sorry if this a bit OTT, but I do know what I'm talking about. ;)

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 15

Nothing

Longtime Member
i thought you guys over the pond already saw razer?

as for the cannon it was a quik throwout. as a modler i just trimed the cabin to fit. i never intended to spend a lot of time with it. if i do end up spending time with it itll be completely redone. some of us arent as adept as sj and skulp, so a little true modeling mindset is needed.

another thing we need to keep in mind the new battlestar was developed as character developement story and not a technology story. as such not as much care was given to the technological accuracy through the story. discrepencies can be found throughout as far as names and ships etc. as an example the actual size of galactica wasnt hashed out til after season 1. and even then there is an argument as to the actual figures. i guess what im getting at is, bickering over silly things like names etc. kinda sucks the life out of a discussion.

smyfe

Razor

Skip, on this side of the pond the only way i've found to see the Razor shorts is on youtube, there are about 7 different episodes on there at the moment:thumb:

Nothing

Longtime Member
scifi.com has the clips they been showing for a couple of weeks. i didnt realize the movie hadnt been aired in uk yet.kinda weird seeing as yall have season 3 and we dont.

jaffro

Long term member
We've even discussed large Viper models with landing gear and interiors!! ;)

It almost seems as if you announce an awesome new project every day...

And every time you do, it ends up in my build queue.

One of these days I'm going to assemble a squad, we're coming to your house to tie your hands together and blindfold you. You will be fed and kept warm, then released once we have had sufficient time to build some of your awesome models. You will then be free to continue.

:D

Nothing

Longtime Member
tube ship done!!

this is my least favorite of the fleet. actually i dont much like it. so it was a struggle to stay on task and finish it. but i did and here it is.

tube 001.jpg

tube 002.jpg

tube 003.jpg

tube 004.jpg

tube 005.jpg

tube 006.jpg

theo

I have got a e-mail back from Charles Oines the man from the Berzerk.
Hi!

It looks like you've got a good start going there :)

Unfortunately, the Berzerk doesn't belong to me any more, so if images are to come out, they'll have to come from Universal Studios.
If nobody finds better ones thats all there is.

"So what's your plan here?
Personally, I tend to go with what you know. 'until something better turns up."

Nothing

Longtime Member
id like at least to have jays mesh textured. unless someone can tweak it a little for added detail. its a realy good one.

iguess ill showcase the celestra next.

Elliott

I'm gonna have to change your name from Nothing to "Stupendously Marvelous Galactic Card Modeler" (Speedius Extraordinarius Fantasticus) or something. Nothing don't even cut it anymore. :thumb:

Marvelous work sir, as usual. See, even superlatives become ordinary when describing your work, man! :mrgreen:

Elliott

sjsquirrel

this is my least favorite of the fleet. actually i dont much like it. so it was a struggle to stay on task and finish it. but i did and here it is.

View attachment 60153

Thanks for keeping at nothing. As always, it's a pleasure to see one of your builds. I'll get the corrected parts out as time permits. Very busy lately with several projects, both cardmodel and other life stuff.

TTFN

SJ

Status
Not open for further replies.