Think Jays Galactica is lonely, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjsquirrel

The ultimate fan build

Oké, not a viper and it hasn't be to the milimeter(inch).
But kind off like the movers and colonial one I'll think they are the smallest.

I agree it would be nice, but I haven't taken the time to research the sizes. If someone wants to look into it and post the information, it is fairly easy to rescale the models, and we could then release them again in a 1/100 or 1/200 scale series (or whatever scale turns out to be reasonable).

Just thinking out load;
But wen you make rooms in the Galactica you don't neet a house.:twisted:

Now wouldn't that be the ultimate fan build?
Person A: Where do you live?
You: I live in the Battlestar Galactica down on 37th street.
Person A: Oh! You're that guy!

SJ sign1

Master-Bruce

This is good news guys. Been a few weeks since we did the celestra. Hey nothing, i noticed in your sig you're doing the argo. Thanks:)

sjsquirrel

Which programs.

I meant witch programs do you use, I installed TrueSpace but it, don't get it yet.
Perhaps it's simple, just not at the moment to me.

Hey theo. I know what you mean. After recent comments in this thread about truespace I decided to download it and have a look myself, but I don't get it either. I've found some introductory tutorials that look pretty good but haven't had a chance to go through them yet.
Truespace Tutorial - Modeling 101 - Civilization Fanatics' Forums
tooloverview1

I use Metasequoia and Pepakura. As far as I'm concerned (and I tried 5 or 6 3d modelers when I was getting started) Meta is pretty hard to beat for 3d model creation and editing.

Truespace is geared more toward realistic modeling for animation, computer generated scenes, and computer art. Meta is primarily for making static models of objects - it does one thing, and does it very well. And at $45 US it's way cheaper than Rhino. The free version can be used for both personal and commercial purposes, but it doesn't support UV editing for textures, which is pretty much a must have. You can start with the free version and do a lot while you're on the learning curve, then buy the registered version when you get more into it.

There is a learning curve, but you can actually get started pretty quickly, and there are some help tutorials out there. I'm planning a tutorial myself in the near future (I actually started it last year, but it's been one of those "when I get a round tuit" projects). There's so much more interest now though I'm going to just get at it and get it out there. Maybe it will get more people working on developments, then I'll have more time to build models :mrgreen:.

Pepakura has it's issues, but it's actively supported, and again, not too expensive. The current version (2.16) is quite stable. My main complaint is it doesn't handle errors well - it just dies, but like I said, at least it's actively supported.

Feel free PM me, or to contact me off if you want more info, help getting started, whatever.

SJ

Nothing

Longtime Member
im slowly working on the splat.mining ship is on hold temperarily. ive been working on the x4 as a self tutorial to learn some things so i can tackle modeling the argo.

Nothing

Longtime Member
i like lightwave. for me its easier to pick up than other programs. its one reason i have a hard time with any of the free ones out there.im still tryin to figure out the uv map thing.LW hase some uv options that wont take in pep.

Master-Bruce

See, my first intro into 3D modelling was Truespace. It took a while but I found it pretty easy to get going. All of my scratch designs of papermodels were done on this program.

Master-Bruce

Really?! That's a lot of parts then! It's only twice the size, for me 4cm height is too small. :) Good thing there's the smaller one too eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.