Think Jays Galactica is lonely, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Celestra on station!

Ok guys.

Chris has uploaded the Celestra for you all. It's a lines version but the lines are faint so they'll not show up too much against the grey textures.

This is the large version. Selfishly I just went with what would appeal to me. Tomorrow, I'll have the smaller version done and available for the likes of Nothing who prefers them smaller to make the most of display space.

The instructions are there too.

Thanks as usual to SJ for cleaning up the mesh for me to work on. This model looks great in 3D and will as a papermodel too. Hopefully, if I've done my bit right. :)

Get yourself off to the downloads section. Enjoy!

Nothing, I agree. If anyone has downloaded these and built any, it'd be nice to see some pics here. :) I've seen the number and know they've been downloaded from the downloads section. Come on fellas, let's see 'em! :)

sjsquirrel

Feb 9, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
stevebondy.ca
And now, for your entertainment

At long last the Colonial Liners are in the download section. :thumb:

I've posted the six regular size versions and am in the process of preparing the large versions. I'll be emailing those to Chris for linking since the files are all over the 2MB limit.

The instructions are posted in a separate document.

Go get em!

Enjoy!

SJ

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Great stuff! I'll be keen to build a smaller for comparrison. That and I couldn't have all six 3 footers in my lounge. :)

Away to the downloads section!

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
From me, You're welcome!! I've loved every minute of it, it's great to be part of a team like this. I look forward to doing more ships with these guys.

Hey SJ, the BIG liners are now up to download too: http://forum.zealot.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=41

Did you put these into a ZIP? I know I'll lose my connection if I try to open up 2Mb PDFs online. Someone tell me why I'm still on dial-up? I've forgot!

C

cgutzmer

No they are in PDF format. I try to upload in the same format that people supply them to me in..... I think I can change the policy to not open a pdf in a window though and to just download it - I think that might be a better option anyway.... I will check.
Chris

C

cgutzmer

Changed download to not open in browser..... might have to log out then in again - not sure.
Chris

C

cgutzmer

It wasnt just for you - I didnt like not being given the option to save or open either :) heh heh
Chris

*edit* damn its not working...... still opens in a browser for me

C

cgutzmer

I had to change the web setting in adobe.....
open adobe
click edit -> preferences -> general
Click options in the column down the left
Under web browser options uncheck display PDF in browser

This is for adobe 5 full (what we have at work) after the change it prompted me to save.
Chris

sjsquirrel

Feb 9, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
stevebondy.ca
To zip or not to zip...

No they are in PDF format. I try to upload in the same format that people supply them to me in..... I think I can change the policy to not open a pdf in a window though and to just download it - I think that might be a better option anyway.... I will check.
Chris

I tried zipping them but they didn't shrink all that much so I decided to just leave them. A 2.1mb PDF reduced to about 1.6 mb (25%). Is this worth it to those on dial up? I must admit I've had high-speed so long I've lost perspective.

On to business:

I'm working on the Platform ship (Foundry?). The mesh is at least as detailed as the Celestra, maybe more. There are some tricky elements to it as well. It may take a while.

I'm off to a workshop for the weekend so won't be doing much for the next few days. In the meantime, here's updated status shots.

Reference Sheet1
Reference Sheet2
Reference Sheet3

Have fun building everybody!

SJ

C

cgutzmer

A general rule of thumb is approximately 5 minutes per MB to download on dialup. Zipping them would save about 3 minutes of download time or so.
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.