Think Jays Galactica is lonely, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master-Bruce

Funny you should mention that. I've just asked if MF happened to do plans or more drawings of it for reference.

That design is a thing of beauty. The head reminds me of a snake, very sinister lookin'. Better then the Valkyrie and that's canon.

Nothing

Longtime Member
well apollo is a full scale battlestar, the valkire is a scout battlestar and very small compared to galactica. i think i read somewhere she only had a small contingent of vipers having mostly raptors aboard.

Nothing

Longtime Member
hr update

this is definately not a beginners model.(and no i dont consider myself an advanced modler) i think i fuged a part placement here. once i get these together ill have to smudge a little to hide the defect.
hr.jpg

Master-Bruce

It's looking great though!! I got so frustrated with mine I scruched it up!! It wasn't so much the model but me for not thinking ahead.

You're right though. It isn't a beginners model. You're doing a great job, I'll post pics of my new shuttle WIP later. :)

Nothing

Longtime Member
if you look at the detail between the model and the above picture you can see the detail that was cut out.
hr.jpg

Master-Bruce

It's fine on my screen:
Image1.jpg
This is the mesh before unfolding, the one SJ cleaned up. Maybe you're trying to mount it too low??

Master-Bruce

I see what was cut, noticed that when I got the mesh from SJ. Figure it was a price to pay to fix the mesh for papermodels. Look at my pic, the forks at the front must have been moved up a notch by SJ to cover the hole??

SJ, can you shed any light here buddy?

Nothing

Longtime Member
upon further study it looks like the mesh provided by parogon for reference is a completely different mesh.

Master-Bruce

Here's the image. It does look like those side pieces have been moved up a tad. I'm sure there's a method here. SJ did a great job of cleaning this beast up for us.
Image3.jpg
Also, yes there are 4 ammo feeds. Though only 2 are needed. 2 of them are flat, just two sides to fold back onto each other for a simpler build. The other 2 are more detailed, the ones I included in the model. The same went for the top engine fins but I only included the 3D detailed ones.

Have you mounted those side parts yet?? Or did you catch this before glueing?

Nothing

Longtime Member
ok i understand about feeds. no i do a lot of dry test fitting to try and isolate problems or things that need to be done first. doesnt always work for me though.

Master-Bruce

Colonial Shuttle Build

That's good!! At least you didn't loose what you had already done eh? That mesh you have for reference is a little diferent, the textures are a little different anyway and the head is on the wrong side.
Image1.jpg

Here's a pic of my Shuttle build so far. This is the bigger version I did and it's going together much better. Nice size still without being too big.

The Defender is all unfolded. All the parts are numbered. I haven't done the turrets for the general release as they'll be WAY too small. Once I've done the instructions for it I'll go back and do the turrets for the special PDO version for the nutters out there who want to do a bigger version with turrets. :) :)

Nothing

Longtime Member
looks good so far! whats next after defender? if ya get another clean mesh id like to give another go at it. there was something wrong with the 3ds file i got is why i couldnt get those textures on the defender.

Master-Bruce

Sorry about that. I don't know what that may have been as the mesh works fine for me.

Thanks, I can't sleep tonight. :( I just watched the last epsiode of BSG season3 about 2 hrs ago and my head's full!! WOW! So,I'm working on the shuttle, just trying to join the bottom and top parts of the front end. Slowly.

I'm sure SJ said that the Astral Queen is almost ready?? He's doing the liners while I'm on the Defender. Oh! The flight pod ison the Defender in the new series!! I saw it tonight on one ofmy season 3 DVDs. Icouldn't see any turrets though as the ship was too far away from the forview.

Master-Bruce

The belly of the beast!! Well, shuttle. :)
Image2.jpg
There are some fiddly bits when joining the top and bottom halfs. I think it's easier to build the bottom, then attach the sides, then the top. I did it in reverse to find the tabs working against me so going the other way should do it.

Also, as this is the larger version, there's alot of hollow space inside this so kids holding this is a big "No no". I doubt it'll take much to crumple this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.