Therapy plane...pick a card....

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cjwalas, Apr 22, 2007.

1. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

My paper therapy is going well! The frame for the wheel pants were a little tricky and almost impossible to keep straight;
    View attachment 10480
    Finished the underside of the plane;
    View attachment 10481
    I was amazed that I could roll the pieces thin enough for the pitot tube and the bomb harness!8)
    View attachment 10482
    Also attached the props (also did a mini-Trotskiy Stuka while the glue dried);
    View attachment 10483
    So all that's left now is the canopy assembly....:roll:
    Here's hoping I don't mess it up! I'll be trying a new material; urethane gloss, painted as a sheet and then (hopefully) bonded to the canopy sections with more of the same material. Dangerous, but it could work?!
    Chris
    PS. Went to the Doc today and he freed my from the painful physical therapy and thinks I'll be good in another month or two!:grin:
  2. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

My paper therapy is going well! The frame for the wheel pants were a little tricky and almost impossible to keep straight;
    View attachment 10480
    Finished the underside of the plane;
    View attachment 10481
    I was amazed that I could roll the pieces thin enough for the pitot tube and the bomb harness!8)
    View attachment 10482
    Also attached the props (also did a mini-Trotskiy Stuka while the glue dried);
    View attachment 10483
    So all that's left now is the canopy assembly....:roll:
    Here's hoping I don't mess it up! I'll be trying a new material; urethane gloss, painted as a sheet and then (hopefully) bonded to the canopy sections with more of the same material. Dangerous, but it could work?!
    Chris
    PS. Went to the Doc today and he freed my from the painful physical therapy and thinks I'll be good in another month or two!:grin:
  3. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Better in a month or two? GEEZ! I think we should tie your OTHER arm behind your back...probably model with your toes!!!:twisted:

Awesome tinies Chris!!!...Love to see the canopy...
  4. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Better in a month or two? GEEZ! I think we should tie your OTHER arm behind your back...probably model with your toes!!!:twisted:

Awesome tinies Chris!!!...Love to see the canopy...
  5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Sweet sweet work... and he throws the teenie plane in behind it just to reinforce the fact that he can build em smaller. =O

hehe.
  6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Sweet sweet work... and he throws the teenie plane in behind it just to reinforce the fact that he can build em smaller. =O

hehe.
  7. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

Finished!
    View attachment 10501
    My technique for the glazing worked, but I painted too many layers of the urethane and it became too thick. But the theory worked!

View attachment 10502

I wound up not using probably a dozen parts, mostly formers in the tail wing and a couple of cockpit details
    View attachment 10503
    All in all, a good excercise and good physical therapy. I may even be able to move on to heavier paper now! (and something larger!)
    Here she is front and center in this shot of the "Paper Stuka Shelf!":grin:

View attachment 10504

Now do I really want to do another Stuka!!!!??
    Chris
  8. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

Finished!
    View attachment 10501
    My technique for the glazing worked, but I painted too many layers of the urethane and it became too thick. But the theory worked!

View attachment 10502

I wound up not using probably a dozen parts, mostly formers in the tail wing and a couple of cockpit details
    View attachment 10503
    All in all, a good excercise and good physical therapy. I may even be able to move on to heavier paper now! (and something larger!)
    Here she is front and center in this shot of the "Paper Stuka Shelf!":grin:

View attachment 10504

Now do I really want to do another Stuka!!!!??
    Chris
  9. cmdr199212

cmdr199212 Member

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!! you built ALL of theose??????? just curious do you have the trotsyk stuka handy? ive never been able to get one of those.

Barry
  10. cmdr199212

cmdr199212 Member

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!! you built ALL of theose??????? just curious do you have the trotsyk stuka handy? ive never been able to get one of those.

Barry
  11. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

That is one heck of a display! A squadron of Stukas! Awesome work Chris!

Russell
  12. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

That is one heck of a display! A squadron of Stukas! Awesome work Chris!

Russell
  13. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Wow. I think someone likes Stukas.... And he's pretty good at building them too.
  14. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Wow. I think someone likes Stukas.... And he's pretty good at building them too.
  15. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

Wow! You are a Stukamaniac!!! Very nice work.
  16. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

Wow! You are a Stukamaniac!!! Very nice work.
  17. jparenti

jparenti Member

Nice! I don't have the patience (or the fingers!)
    Phil, I always figured the smaller the model, the thinner the paper. Guess not. Maybe I should try that... (I have plenty of tightly rolled balls, mostly in 1/96 scale.) ;)
  18. jparenti

jparenti Member

Nice! I don't have the patience (or the fingers!)
    Phil, I always figured the smaller the model, the thinner the paper. Guess not. Maybe I should try that... (I have plenty of tightly rolled balls, mostly in 1/96 scale.) ;)
  19. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

Yes, I suppose I am a little obsessive about the JU-87! :cry: I still have at least a half dozen more kits to do! :twisted:
    My problem is that most of the paper kits have such inaccurate color schemes. I'm looking forward to the recent GPM kits as they are really nicely done. I wish I had the ability to scan the GPM 1/24 JU-87B and scale it down to 1/33 to sit beside the GPM 1/33 JU-87D. It would be nice to have the two best looking kits in the same scale.:-?
    Barry, email me.
    Chris
  20. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

Yes, I suppose I am a little obsessive about the JU-87! :cry: I still have at least a half dozen more kits to do! :twisted:
    My problem is that most of the paper kits have such inaccurate color schemes. I'm looking forward to the recent GPM kits as they are really nicely done. I wish I had the ability to scan the GPM 1/24 JU-87B and scale it down to 1/33 to sit beside the GPM 1/33 JU-87D. It would be nice to have the two best looking kits in the same scale.:-?
    Barry, email me.
    Chris